Main duties of the job
- To provide person centred care with the ability to be able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in accordance with the Care Programme Approach.
- To take an active role in leadership and the clinical development of practice within the ward in collaboration with the Ward manager and responsibility for the management of the care area in the absence of the ward manager, ensuring the safety of the patients and staff are maintained and available resources are used effectively.
- To assist in setting standards, monitoring and maintaining agreed standards of nursing care and will take every reasonable opportunity to sustain and improve their knowledge and professional competence and that of their nursing team. To be responsible for developing effective working relationships with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
The post holder is required to build on existing key relationships with People who use services and Carers the Clinical Commissioning Groups Local Authority internal social care staff, Older People's Community Mental Health Teams and Acute Care Services and colleagues from other Trust services as required.
Work with governance structures within the Directorate and Trust wide to ensure learning from incidents is effective.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this job.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience working within MDT
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience
- Experience working within an acute inpatient unit
- Experience of working within older adult mental health inpatient ward
- Experience of working within older adult mental health
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Membership of a professional body (NMC)
- A mental health/general nurse qualification to degree level or equivalent i.e. RMN/RGN/RNLD
- Practice assessor and/or practice supervisor or mentor
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Meadows, West Park Hospital
West Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.