Energetic, driven, and passionate about what you do? Raise your hand if this is you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a vibrant organisation that truly CARES
about their teams and customers - We want to hear from you!PEOPLE
are the forefront of what we deliver every day across our Trust, aligning with our Culture to BELONG, THRIVE
no matter where your career takes you.Have a creative flare for projects? As the Assistance Finance Manager, you will work across major projects to provide detailed advice and support in the development and implementation of Service Level Reporting (SLR) and Patient Level Costing (PLICs), to improve the FTs understanding of the relationship, between the cost and income associated with the delivery of patient care, as well as ensuring all mandatory requirements are met for NHSE.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be responsible for
- Leading the development and implementation of the Trust's Patient Level Information Costing System (PLICS), Service Line Reporting (SLR) tools and The Costing Transformation Programme .
- Managing the successful submission of the yearly National Cost Collection (NCC) whilst complying with national guidance and working continuously to improve the quality and accuracy of data submitted.
- You will become the trust expert on costing information, its source, the process and how it can be used effectively in understanding operational costs to effect transformational change in clinical and non- clinical services.
- Applicants should have excellent IT skills and the ability to analyse complex financial problems.
- Good planning, organisation, budget and resource management are essential along with communication skills will also be an asset to development of a suite of reports designed to communicate information to Divisional and Trust Boards, Operational Managers and Clinicians.
- Highlighting key trends, arears of concern, best practice, and opportunities for efficiency and improvements.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust serves a population of approximately 570,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire. Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Working for HHFT offers a rewarding career, nationally agreed terms and conditions and a range of additional excellent benefits as part of our reward package.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the role can be found in the job description and person specification attached.
We are happy to discuss part-time and flexible working.Person SpecificationSpecific RequirementsEssential
Training and QualificationEssential
- Ability to self-manage workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain adherence to accuracy.
Desirable Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Part Qualified/Qualified member of CCAB body or equivalent experience.
- Educated to Post Graduate Degree level or equivalent experience.
- Detailed understanding of NHS Finance regime
- Experience of working across disciplines
- Experience of the production, analysis, and presentation of complex financial information
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Public Sector Experience
- Production of annual NHS Reference Costs or Training Costs submission
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of PLICs, Costing systems and the Costing Transformation Programme - NHSE
- Strong user of IT including all Microsoft office packages
- Manipulation and interpretation of complex information using a range of skills and techniques
- Ability to work with Senior Members of the Trust and other organisations
- Confident in making quick and informed decisions often with less than perfect information
- Strong communication, explain complex financial information to non-financial members of staff to drive understanding and improvements
- Able to work to tight deadlines and priorities tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.