An Opportunity has arisen for a qualified Paediatric Deputy Ward Leader/ Sister to join the dedicated children's nursing team at Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
You will need to be able to work within the acute hospital environment on Nightingale Children's ward and be responsible for allocated children 's care. You will liaise with the multidisciplinary team to ensure excellent care delivery for your children. In the future there may be rotational opportunities.
You will be a qualified Staff Nurse with either RSCN/RN Child or RN (and have had experience working with children in an acute health care setting) and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team are essential. You will have significant post registration experience working with children and families in an acute health care setting. Excellent communication skills are essential to this post.Main duties of the job
Please see the Job description and Person Specification in the attachments. This document contains a full detailed description of the role and what the main responsibilities and duties are along with the criteria that are required.About us
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a well performing Foundation Trust serving a population of around 441,000 across the Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, North Amber Valley, High Peak and North East Derbyshire districts. With a workforce of around 3,800 staff and good financial control, currently operating with a positive financial surplus and was recently rated Good by the CQC .
We are committed to working with our partners in health and social care to deliver long term financial sustainability and resilience in our performance to ensure we provide high quality services and excellent patient care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job description and Person Specification in the attachments. This document contains a full detailed description of the role and what the main responsibilities and duties are along with the criteria that are required.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- oRSCN with post significant post registration experience in acute paediatric setting
- oTeaching and Assessing qualification
- oLeadership qualification
- oSpeciality training
- oEvidence of degree level study
- oAdvanced paediatric life support qualification
- oAbility to prioritise and facilitate direct patient care
- oAbility to take charge of the ward when required
- oContinuing experience as a mentor to student nurses
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- oInvolvement in research and audit
- oDemonstrate an active involvement in the ward's development
- oHigh level and awareness of current paediatric issues, local, regional and national
- oDemonstration of research based practice
- oTo have knowledge of Trust Quality Strategy
- oCommitment to own role expansion
- oProven ability to influence change
- Adaptable to meet the needs of the service
- Excellent communication skills & professional manner
Trust ValuesEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of management of change
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chesterfield Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.