Occupational Therapist - Band 5 (30 hours)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Children and Young People's Therapy Team. This is a fixed term post to cover Maternity leave ,based at the Beacon in Folkestone.
Our team are based in Kent, the Garden of England. We have easy access to London and are close to the university city of Canterbury, which is vibrant and lively with a theatre, bars and restaurants as well as many historic sites. We also have easy access to Europe by excellent transport links and access to the channel tunnel, Dover ferry port and the Eurostar.
We are a Children and Young People's Therapy Service, recognising the benefits of integrated working with our Speech and Language and Physiotherapy colleagues. We work out of three different localities, The Rainbow Centre in Ashford, The Beacon Centre in Folkestone and the Children's Assessment Unit at Buckland Hospital, Dover. Our overall team has over 90 other therapists ranging from assistants, junior therapists to more senior specialists.
We encourage an evidenced based, outcome focused approach to meeting the needs of our service users. We provide assessment and intervention based on a child's individual need regardless of their age (0-19 years).Main duties of the job
To work as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist with children and young people aged 0-19 referred to the Children and Young People's Therapy Service. This includes children and young people with complex presentations, in various settings including out-patient.
We are seeking:
- a proactive, creative and highly motivated therapist
- a passionate and innovative individual
- a team player to join our existing friendly team
- Relevant practice placement experience.
- An effective registration with the Health Professions Council and have a professional degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Ability to travel round the locality.
We encourage an evidenced based, outcome focused approach to meeting the needs of our service users. We provide assessment and intervention based on a child's individual need regardless of their age (0-19 years).
In return we offer:
- In-service CPD as well as external training for critical courses
- Access to support from a Practice Educator within our Team
- Opportunity to participate in research.
- Access to department specialists and senior staff for advice and support and joint working.
- monthly supervision and access to peer supervision at all levels.
- Child Protection supervision 4 times per year.
- NAPLIC Certification as DLD Friendly Service
- Local and Trust-wide wellbeing support
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with fivehospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 800,000 people. Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'. We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in Documents to download.
If you have further queries please dont hesitate to contact the line manager using the contact details below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Relevant experience at undergraduate/post graduate level.
- Experience of working with children/ young people in an employed or voluntary capacity
- Knowledge of assessment tools and range of appropriate therapeutic interventions relevant to the client group.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of clinical governance
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Park Farm Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.