Alder Hey Children's Hospital is a remarkable place, filled with an equally remarkable team of people. People are at the front of our agenda, and we are looking to recruit an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team. The HR Business Partner will lead and direct the people strategy within a divison. The role reports into the Head of HR Business Partnering and the successful candidate will join a small team of existing HRBPs within the wider People function.
The successful candidate will have extensive and comprehensive HR knowledge of employment law and operational HR expertise, with an evidenced track record of achievement and personal impact in a complex, acute healthcare organisation.You will be able to manage complex relationships with stakeholders with a knowledgeable, diplomatic and solution focused approach. An ability to influence people to achieve pragmatic outcomes aligned to our strategic priorities is essential.
You should be CIPD qualified, hold a Masters/Post-graduate level qualification or equivalent and have experience of leading strategic and operational Human Resource Management in a complex multi-disciplinary organisation.
We can offer you a supportive, flexible environment working with passionate, committed HR and management teams in an exciting organisation committed to the highest standards of care. We are welcoming of secondments or fixed term applicants.Main duties of the job
To lead and direct the HR agenda within specified Division/Corporate Service areas/Medical Workforce. To provide leadership and expert advice within the Division/Corporate Service /Medical Workforce areas in relation to absence management, workforce planning, transformation of services, employee relations and development of staff. To be an active decision maker within the Division /Corporate Service /Medical Workforce senior management/executive team, which will require a comprehensive understanding of the business, activity financial position and related terms and conditions of the Divisional/Corporate Services/Medical Workforce area for which the post holder carries responsibility. The postholder will also take responsibility for specific Trust wide pieces of work as agreed with the Deputy Director of HR and OD.About us
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust is a provider of specialist health care to over 275,000 children and young people each year. In addition to the hospital site located in the West Derby area of Liverpool, Alder Hey has a presence in community outreach sites and, in collaboration with other providers, our clinicians help deliver care closer to patients' homes by holding local clinics at locations from Cumbria to Shropshire, in Wales and the Isle of Man. The Trust also provides inpatient care for children with complex mental health needs at our Alder Park building in the nearby borough of Sefton.
As black and minority ethnic (BME) employees are currently under-represented in this area, we particularly welcome applications from members of our BME communities. All appointments will be made on merit.
You can expect a warm welcome at Alder Hey Childrens NHS Foundation Trust, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At Alder Hey we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including: Great flexible working opportunities Lease car scheme and Home Electronics Scheme Generous annual leave and pension scheme Extensive staff health and well-being programmesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work in partnership with the Director and Associate Chief Operating Officer to develop local strategies and action plans for the Division/Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area to attain and maintain performance levels within Trust thresholds with regard to all workforce related KPIs.
- To provide expert advice and guidance in all employee relations cases, ensuring adherence to Trust policies and legislation. To ensure cases are proactively progressed within the Division/Corporate Service areas to ensure timely conclusion.
- To promote work within the Division /Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area to review and modernise the workforce, and provide appropriate support to develop workforce plans to support achievement of CIPs and business development plans, including active engagement at a lead level in small, medium and major organisational change initiatives.
- To develop a positive approach to employment relations in the Division /Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area, building strong and effective partnerships between managers, clinicians, staff and their representatives, utilising agreed frameworks for consultation and negotiation as necessary.
- To work with managers and staff side representatives on all aspects of change management which may involve TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment), redundancy and redeployment, providing clear and logical business cases to support proposed changes.
- To work with the nominated HR Manager and Advisor and the Workforce Information team to ensure regular, meaningful workforce information is provided to a sufficient level of detail to all line managers within the Division /Corporate Service area.
- To contribute fully within the HR team, and consult with the Division /Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area on the review of existing and development of new policies and procedures.
- To take the lead for ensuring staff side involvement in relevant activities within the Division /Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area.
- To participate fully in business planning, service development and budget setting processes within the Division /Corporate Service/Medical Workforce area.
- To quality assure HR related documentation, such as organisational change papers, investigation reports, prior to them being issued. Further information included within the job description. Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Member status of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Masters in HRM or equivalent
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Psychometric Training Level A/B
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Experience of leading strategic and operational Human Resource Management in a complex multi-disciplinary organisation
- An understanding of the national NHS agenda and the key contribution of Human Resources.
- Detailed knowledge of Medical and Dental terms and conditions of Service
- Detailed understanding of the principles of change management and able to demonstrate a successful track record of major organisational change
- Extensive experience of Trade Union consultation and negotiation
- Thorough understanding of UK employment legislation, and current HR practice.
- Experience of managing a HR team and responding to a rapidly evolving workforce agenda
- Experience of using a job evaluation system
- Experience of using and advising on the use of workforce information
- Evidence of operating, leading and influencing as part of a senior management team.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills - ability to form positive relationships at all levels.
- Political and emotional awareness - ability to adjust behaviour as appropriate and necessary
- Project Management skills
- Ability to communicate concepts and HR theories effectively.
- Negotiating and influencing skills - ability to present ideas and proposals effectively
- Ability to design, deliver and facilitate training interventions to all levels of staff
- Effective analytical and problem solving visioning skills and ability to make decisions based on complex information
- Staff management - ability to delegate and work through others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate effectively in writing, and verbally with individuals on a one-to-one basis and with groups.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work autonomously
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- Able to give clear feedback on performance
- Resilient and able to deal effectively with sensitive issues
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Alder Hey Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.