The North Cumbria Community Treatment Teams have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, values driven and passionate nurse for the role as a Nurse Consultant. The opportunity is in the Access & Community Clinical Business Unit, working into North Cumbria Adult pathways. Although North Cumbria has two CTT teams, the service is county wide and the post holder will be expected to have a visible presence in both teams
The Nurse Consultant will have significant clinical experience and a proven record of leadership, change management and innovation. The role will encompass expert clinical nursing care along with key responsibilities for service developments, education and training, professional leadership and consultancy.
As a senior clinician you will exercise autonomy and provide appropriate clinical assessment, formulation and interventions. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, working collaboratively with service users, families.Main duties of the job
As a Nurse Consultant, the post holder will contribute to the strategic direction for the development of nursing practice within designated Clinical Business Unit, and more generally across the locality group and the Trust.
Will take the lead in extending boundaries and creating frameworks for the enhancement of nursing within their specialty. The post holder will also continue to strive towards excellence in nursing care and communicate this excellence to colleagues both within the organisation and externally.
The post holder will provide:
- 'Expert clinical practice' within the service for at least 50% of the post
- Professional leadership and consultancy, including clinical supervision
- Education, training and development of staff, and a range of other agencies, statutory and non-statutory in management and treatment services for people presenting to the CBU.
- Research into various aspects of service provision and service evaluation which involves this client group.
To exercise full responsibility and autonomy for the therapy of clients ensuring appropriate assessment, formulation and interventions communicating with the internal agent and others involved with the care on a regular basis.About us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 14th November 2023
Closing date : 30th November 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level Registered Nurse
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Postgraduate qualification at Masters level or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of experience in therapeutic interventions relevant to specialty, i.e. nurse Prescribing, CBT, DBT, PSI, EFT, NLP and Family Interventions, Group work
- Excellent knowledge of trauma informed approaches
- Experience of working with a range of organisations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.