Are you an experienced and motivated Band 5 Paediatric Nurse who is looking for a change of direction , if so this could be the job for you.
we are looking for a band 5 staff nurse to join out team, we are looking to expand out dermatology Team, and have an opportunity for a Children's nurse who is thinking about developing specialist skills.
we will support you working through a series of competencies/objectives. you will be supported by our senior nursing team to develop your clinical and managerial skills.Main duties of the job
To work as an accountable, registered nurse acting in the best interests of your patients at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct. To be responsible for patient assessment, planning and implementing the delivery of safe, compassionate and evidence based care, and evaluating it's effectiveness. To work with in the multi-disciplinary team, including assisting in the education of learners. As a Trust employee, to act with integrity and uphold the Trust values and the NMC Code of Conduct.About us
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A& E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarize yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are based in the community, and have a dedicate Dermatology department.
We have staff car parking, and the train station is a 10 minute work from the Mall Luton.
We are a very friendly team to work with, and feel lucky to have the department we do.
- The post holder will be professionally accountable for the maintenance of standards and professional practice as set by Trust Policies/Procedures, the NMC Code of Professional
Standards of Practice and Behaviour and relevant professional guidelines
- Provide specialist nursing advice to a cohort of patients referred for specialist intervention, care and support within the services, being a point of contact for assessment, information and advice for the patient, family and carers and all staff involved in the care the patients.
- In liaison with others support the development of staff caring for patients through support, formal education, practice development and role modelling.
- To teach and act as a facilitator and supervisor to other staff.
- As a Paediatric Nurse the post holder will practice under the direction of an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist / Clinical Service Leader, working towards achieving agreed levels of competence, skills and knowledge to enable independent autonomous practice within their scope of clinical practice.
- In conjunction with other relevant clinical staff the post holder will assist with clinical development in maintaining and improving all aspects of clinical governance, evidence based practice and quality assurance and monitoring within the service.
- Use a range of techniques to ensure and monitor standards of clinical practice, audit, research and teaching to continually improve standards of care and patient experience.
- Ensure safe and effective clinical practice.
- Enhance patient experience.
- Ensure effective delivery of organisational objectives.
- Registered children nurse, with a current NMC registration, 12 months post registration experience at band five
- Evidence of clinical work in an autonomous role
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to have good I.T skills.
- Able to manage personnel time effectively
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching/assessing and supervising others in a clinical setting
- Demonstrates knowledge of evidence- based practice
- Able to meet the needs of the service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- to be able to communicate with the wider team with all sectors of the service, i.e, admin team and other MDT teams within the hospital
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Arndale House 1st Floor
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.