As a Trust we have developed our own highly skilled and adaptable team of Practice Educators for the Nursing workforce. We support Student Nurses, Care Support Workers, International Nurses and Registered Nurses and Nursing Associates in both the classroom and in our clinical areas.
Due to the expansion of our team, we are looking to recruit another Practice Educator to support the pre reg nursing students in the hospital setting.
Are you an enthusiastic, well-motivated and experienced Registered Nurse who has excellent practice based teaching skills and who is also able to deliver classroom based teaching? Then this role could be for you.
The role will be responsible for ensuring clinical support, training and assessment is in place for the Trust's student nurses.
You must be passionate about teaching and committed to the development of others to ensure our student nurses are supported on placement and are trained and assessed in clinical skills.Main duties of the job
The main duties are:
Primarily be responsible for ensuring clinical support, training and assessment is in place for pre registered nurses
Ensure all training and assessment supports development of skills, knowledge and attitudes required to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care.
Be up to date with developments in work and classroom based teaching and assessment - taking part in relevant training and updates
Be seen as an expert practitioner who takes responsibility for their own CPD and ensures competence of own skills and knowledge.
Assist in the recruitment of new nurses to the Organisation.
The post holder should have recent acute clinical experience so that they are able to support and work alongside Pre-Registration Nurses with the Hospital setting.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. If you have any questions please contact Verity Chessum on email@example.com.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Recognised NMC Teaching and Assessing qualification
- Recorded NMC Teaching Qualification
- Degree or Equivalent level of study
- Recent Acute Clinical Hospital based experience
- Experience of assessing students in the clinical setting.
- Experience of clinical and classroom based teaching.
- Understand the NMC Pre-Registration Nursing Programme/competency framework.
- Clear understanding of the role of the nursing Students and their level of accountability.
- Understand competency based practice
- Understand models of Nurse training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching/Assessment Skills.
- Effective communicator / able to give feedback effectively
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own and within a team.
- Ability to manage difficult/conflict situations.
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Foundation Trust
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.