An exciting fixed-term maternity leave cover opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and well-motivated individual to join the management team in the radiology department. We are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking person with excellent communication skills who will be effective in working closely with clinical and non-clinical staff.
The post holder will support the General Manager in providing day to day operational management of imaging services across York and Scarborough hospital. The post holder will be responsible for a portfolio of imaging modalities within radiology and work alongside the other Operational Manager in the department as well as the clinical and radiographic leads for these speciality areas.
It's an exciting time to work within the radiology department with opportunities to work across the HNY and YIC regional imaging networks as well as playing a key part in shaping the national CDC diagnostic hub and spoke roll out. In addition to this the planned go live of a brand new vascular imaging department and installation of specialist SPECT CT nuclear medicine equipment provides opportunities for the Operational Manager team to be involved in some complex capital projects and shape how services will be delivered. If you are applying for this as a secondment, please get approval from your current line manager before applying.Main duties of the job
The successful individual will have the opportunity to work closely with a varied team comprising of administrative, nursing, radiographer, sonographer and consultant workforce. The multidisciplinary team supports the delivery of key performance standards across acute care, elective secondary care and primary care and you will assist the General Manager in delivering key strategic plans across radiology.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description .
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind
we are open
and we pursue excellence
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Experience & Knowledge RequiredEssential
- Graduate/Degree level qualification.
Aptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
- Experience of management in the NHS, including operational management , budgetary management and service improvement
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Excellent time management
- Active and passionate interest in and good knowledge of NHS issues at the current time
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good IT skills
- Strong prioritisation skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Able to influence, negotiate and build working relationships
- Ability to cope with high levels of pressure
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.