We are looking to recruit a Clinical Trials Coordinator within Research and Innovation (R& I) across Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) to support research. This enthusiastic and self-motivated individual will coordinate the research portfolio in areas of strategic importance in the current climate.
The post holder will be integral for driving research in Gynaecology. This is your opportunity to be part of an engaging team with nationally and internationally recognised investigators who work in the forefront of cutting-edge research to develop diagnostics and treatments.
We are a welcoming, friendly team with a long successful record of writing and conducting our own research and of conducting national and international studies.
We invite you to join us.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a proactive, highly motivated and dynamic individual experienced in clinical trials administration to co-ordinate studies into Reproductive Health & Childbirth. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the Gynaecology research portfolio for the Trust, and also supporting the Obstetric and Midwifery research teams. This will involve contributing to feasibility assessments, as well as leading on the set up of a range of commercial and non-commercial research studies and clinical trials. The successful candidate will provide ongoing coordination of the research portfolio working assisting in monitoring visits, financial reconciliation, and study close out activities. A key part of this role is the provision of administrative support in a proactive, timely and efficient manner.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree in a science or health related discipline or a degree in another field with experience in clinical trials
- An understanding of the clinical trial process
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Post graduate certificate in clinical research or other post graduate qualification/experience
- Experience in Clinical Trials administration, including set up, data collection, audit and project co-ordination.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of research governance and related legislation and inspection requirements
- Experience of the governance and approval systems within the NHS/trust or similar healthcare setting and UK CRN for clinical studies
- Data quality management
- Previous NHS experience
- Evidence of writing policies and procedures and evaluating their application in practice
- Research project monitoring
- Excellent organisational skills, with a methodical approach and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and experience of interdisciplinary working Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own and others workload and practice effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight and unexpected deadlines.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of IT packages and databases.
- Project management skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work independently and flexibly
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.