We have an opportunity for a passionate and committed midwife to join our team.
You will be responsible for assessment, planning, implementing and supervising safe and compassionate care, and evaluating the effectiveness of this care from the Antenatal ward through to the Labour ward.Main duties of the job
- To act as an effective role model and demonstrate effective organisational and leadership
- To maintain a high profile and be seen to be in charge and fulfil management and clinical responsibilities to
- To ensure that optimal use is made of available resources to provide appropriate and effective cover over any 24 hour
- To escalate to midwifery management team about activity in the Unit and staffing levels and to ensure that appropriate manpower data is available on an ongoing basis.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See job description attached.
- To assist in orientation programmes and familiarise staff with the organisational and clinical demands of Antenatal services.
- To ensure that all medical and midwifery students are working in a positive learning
- To carry out on behalf of the HMS, annual staff appraisals of junior midwives and maternity support
- To create and maintain an effective communication system between all staff groups working in maternity services and to ensure that a positive working environment is
- Registered Midwife
- Evidence of post-registration education
- Teaching and assessing/ mentorship qualification
- Examination of the Newborn qualification (EON)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial experience of working as a Registered midwife
- Specific experience of working in the antenatal and intrapartum setting.
- Past experience of working across a variety of midwifery settings.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team and reviewing performance of the team/ individuals
- Evidence of delivering quality teaching to various staff groups
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Mary Maternity Unit, West Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.