We are looking for a full time enthusiastic and motivated Radiographer or Clinical Technologist (Nuclear Medicine) to join our small, highly skilled Nuclear Medicine Team at ESNEFT. The successful candidate would be required to support the clinical service across both Ipswich and Colchester sites.
As a Radiographer appointed to this post, we would expect you to be registered with the HCPC. For a graduate Clinical Technologist in Nuclear Medicine appointed to this post you would be expected to join the Register of Clinical Technologists as a Nuclear Medicine specialist.
The Nuclear Medicine departments perform a wide range of Diagnostic and Therapeutic procedures including DaTscan, Neuroendocrine imaging, Myocardial Perfusion Imaging, I131 post ablation and Radium. Across both the Ipswich and Colchester sites there are 4 SIEMENS systems SIEMENS Symbia S, SIEMENS Evo Gamma Camera, SIEMENS Intevo 16 SPECT-CT and SIEMENS Intevo Bold SPECT-CT with a new replacement SPECT-CT due in 2024 at the Ipswich site, and the introduction of Lutetium therapies in 2024.
You will be expected to take part in a range of duties including IV administration, imaging, the handling and assaying Radioisotopes, supporting the deputy staff, contamination monitoring, routine QA and data handling.Main duties of the job
- To carry out any duties in Nuclear Medicine under the direction of the Chief Technologist.
- To work cross site at either the Colchester or Ipswich Nuclear Medicine Department where required, sometimes at short notice.
- To administer Radiopharmaceuticals under the direction of the ARSAC licence holder, according to departmental protocols.
- To perform imaging in accordance with Departmental protocols.
- To care for any patient undergoing a Radionuclide investigation.
- To ensure that all radioactive material is handled safely, and in compliance with the local rules and all appropriate legislation.
- To take part in IV administration, imaging, routine QA and data handling.
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience as student radiographer or student technologist in Nuclear Medicine
- Experience with handling Radiopharmaceuticals
- Experience with assay work
- Competent to administer IV.
- Radiography or Clinical Technology degree
- Knowledge of nuclear medicine legislation
- Anatomy and physiology and its clinical application
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to operate a gamma camera
- Able to operate a SPECT CT gamma camera
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals
Colchester and Ipswich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.