Memory and Dementia Pathway HMP Dovegate Staffordshire
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a band 7 mental health Nurse Practitioner within the Memory and Pathway based within the prison environment, providing specialist diagnostic assessment for dementia and following this up with specialist treatment and monitoring, alongside existing care services within the prison.
Applicants should possess the knowledge and skills to enable them to work in the memory and dementia speciality, working with service users affected by all types of dementia. This includes working with challenging and complex needs associated to a dementia diagnosis. Applicants should be have non-medical prescribing qualification.
Applicants will be will be part of the South Staffordshire Memory and Dementia service but working clinically in a designated prison environments (management and clinical supervision will provided via the core Memory & Dementia pathway).
Applicants will be responsible for the delivery of a range of high level specialist assessments, identifying risks and management plans in the process.Main duties of the job
- You will be working alongside existing care services based within the prison environment, providing specialist diagnostic assessment for dementia and following this up with specialist treatment and monitoring, alongside existing care services within the prison.
- You will be a non-medical prescriber who is able to work autonomously on completing the assessments and reviews for clients deemed appropriate for this service.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of specialist assessments and evidence based mental health interventions associated to all areas of dementia.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by:
- Supporting your career development and progression.
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccination every year
- Attractive relocation package
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCheck out the videos below showcasing why you should grow your career here with us at MPFT:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube Key Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Delivery of a high standard of nursing care to individuals referred to the Memory & Dementia Service ( HMP Dove Gate )
- Provide a specialist mental health nursing assessment, care planning and to evaluate those experiencing dementia
- To work in partnership with fellow team members and internal/external partners.
- To undertake their own professional development and compliance with mandatory training.
The Memory and Dementia Pathway will provide you with a supportive environment in which to fully utilise and develop your skills and knowledge in working in a designated prison setting as part of a truly holistic system of health and social care.
If you would like to find out more about the team/post or to arrange a visit please contact Jody Blencowe (Pathway manager Memory Services South Staffordshire ) on email@example.com or telephone 07805737369Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A qualified/registered mental health nurse
- Non-medical prescriber
- Evidence of professional updating and development within mental health services for older people
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of delivering therapeutic interventions to clients with dementia and their carers
- Experience of working with more complex and challenging needs in dementia care
- Experience of working with a range of statutory, non-statutory agencies
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.