The ELFT Primary Care Directorate are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Practice Manager to join us who is willing to go that extra mile and to be part of a successful and effective team. We are a friendly team who work hard to deliver outstanding outcomes for all those we serve and pride ourselves on our collaborative approach with caring, respecting and being inclusive at our core.
We are looking for a Practice Manager to lead the Cauldwell Medical Centre in Bedford to provide strategic, operational, performance, financial and transformational leadership. The successful candidate will be an exceptionally talented and professional individual who has extensive experience of operationally delivering services. It is imperative that this is a person who can demonstrate a high level of autonomy and ability to adopt a flexible and adaptive approach to their work to meet ever changing needs usually in a fast pace environment.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will possess a strong track record of operational delivery, strong financial management knowledge and skills, coupled with effective leadership and high levels of personal resilience. An ability to develop strong, productive and collaborative relationships both internally and with key stakeholders across health and care externally is a must.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for the next step in building on and showcasing their current skills and abilities in a leadership post within the Primary Care Directorate, we are a Directorate who are building and transforming in delivery of our primary care strategy which is very much aligned to the delivery of the Long Term Plan.
Please note, whilst this post will be based at the Cauldwell Medical Centre, there is an expectation that this role where required and be able undertake travel to other services / sites within the Primary Care Directorate particularly Leighton Buzzard and the 3 boroughs in East London.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- Specialist knowledge across a range of primary care management disciplines
- EMIS experience
- Be educated to masters' level, or equivalent
- Have a management qualification or formal training
- Have management experience, ideally in more than one previous organisation.
- Have managed multi-disciplinary teams.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a GP surgery
- Experience of managing administrative staff
- Understanding of clinical governance issues in a primary care setting
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in complex communication both internally and externally.
- Experience in the operational management of service delivery
- Experience in performance management and delivering KPIs
- Ability to understand and learn new software and administrative procedures
- Identifying training & development needs & appraising staff
- Be capable of chairing meetings effectively, and implementing decisions reached
- Have the diplomatic skills to reconcile conflicting demands within the practice team, and with outside organisations
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cauldwell Medical Centre
Bedford Hospital South Wing, Kempston Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.