An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 5 Nurse 37.5 hours per week In Gynaecology Outpatients Department at the West Middlesex Site.
West Middlesex hospital are looking for 1 dedicated, compassionate highly motivated and patient focused band 5 Nurse with post registration experience in Gynaecology to join the nursing team working Monday to Friday.
The successful candidates must have a genuine enthusiasm for caring and supporting women who have gynaecological issues who attend the Department.
You will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team supporting the efficient running of a busy Gynaecology clinic alongside Healthcare Assistants, Specialist nurses and Doctors providing high standards of care and who will support you in delivering a high quality patient centred service.
The clinic incorporates menopause, urogynaecology, 2 week wait cancer patients, general gynaecology, fertility, post-menopausal bleeding, endometriosis, fertility services and covering early pregnancy unit. We also offer outpatient hysteroscopy, colposcopy and assist termination of pregnancy patients.
You will learn new skills and enhance your knowledge in gynaecology and women's health. If you are a qualified nurse who is very patient centred, this could be an exciting opportunity for you!Main duties of the job
- Provide high quality clinical care to patients in line with the Trusts values and in accordance with professional regulations.
- Accept delegated responsibility for specific/activities from the senior nurse in charge and work in line with Trust policies, objectives, protocols, and local guidelines whilst also being aware of the importance of their role in supporting members of the team and always adhering to the Trust values and in accordance with NMC regulations.
- Work autonomously and as part of a team to always deliver high standards of care to patients and their carers.
- Communicate in line with Trust values, to patients, carers and staff at all times. Take every opportunity to continue to develop, practice and expand their own general and specialist nursing skills.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility and accountability and be aware of the medico-legal aspects of nursing in line with professional regulating and local guidance.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical / Direct Care Practice
- To provide holistic assessment, care and treatment to patients under the supervision of expert colleagues and within agreed guidelines and protocols and plan / conduct appropriate patient follow-up.
- To address patients health promotion and prevention needs through comprehensive assessment of individuals for risk factors and early signs of illness.
- To act as an advocate for the patient in treatment decisions and choices.
- To identify and uphold safeguarding for vulnerable adults and children in line with trust policies and refer to relevant services as necessary.
- To use effective communication and interpersonal skills to provide information, explanation, and reassurance to patients and families, and build an environment of trust and rapport, enabling patient empowerment.
- To maintain accurate and contemporaneous documentation of patients assessment, care, treatment, and follow up.
- Maintain professional behaviour at all times and promote a positive image of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation trust at all times in line with trust values.
- Maintain and contribute to a high quality safe working environment recognising the health and safety requirements of patients, visitors and staff.
- Practice in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct and other appropriate professional guidelines.
- Understand and practice in accordance with trust and unit policies and procedures and ensure they are understood and practiced by staff.
- Ensure all strategies, policies and protocols relating to infection control are implemented, monitored and that appropriate and timely action is taken in response to ensuring the prevention of cross infection.
Education and Development
- Ensure communication is effective between the patient, relatives and members of the multidisciplinary team and ensure appropriate nursing input into patient care discussions.
- Ensure communication is used effectively in the interest of patient care including the use of clinical incident reporting as necessary.
- Communicate handover of care in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate politeness, courtesy and sensitivity in dealing with patients, visitors and colleagues maintaining good customer relations and recognising individuality and rights for each patient in line with trust values.
- Work cohesively with the unit staff ensuring the very best services to patients are provided at all times.
Please see attached job description and person specification to this advert for further details. Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- Be responsible for and demonstrate personal professional development, maintain up to date clinical skills and ensure mandatory training is always current.
- Be aware of current developments within the nursing profession and within the NHS.
- Participated in team and MDT meetings.
- Participate in established research projects and clinical audit in local area.
- Assist in on-going development of the unit as a positive learning environment.
- Ensure own appraisal is always in date and personal development plan is completed.
- Work in a supportive way with learners and HCAs providing knowledge and supervision.
- Registered Nurse on NMC register for 1 year
- Evidence of recent and on-going professional development
- Post registration experience working in an acute hospital setting
- Ability to utilise experience to demonstrate an understanding of the relevant setting
- Experience of working within a Gynaecology Outpatient Department
- Proven clinical skills in relevant area
- Demonstrates a genuine interest and has awareness in speciality
- Evidence of self- Development within speciality Knowledge of the NMC code of professional conduct
- Awareness of current nursing and NHS issues
- Computer literate: able to use word, excel, and manage databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions, organize and priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post qualification in relevant specialty
- General management skills
- Experience of working within a Hysteroscopy & Colposcopy clinic
- Experience of working within termination of pregnancy service
- Experience with research and audit
- Awareness of NHS reforms and professional issues relating to specialty
- Specialist knowledge in area of specialty
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Middlesex University Hospital
Twickenham Road, Isleworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.