We are looking for 2 qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join the Psychology Service at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals. Experience of working psychologically with a range of physical health conditions in medical settings is desirable but not essential.
You will work with both inpatients and outpatients to provide brief, low intensity evidence-based psychological interventions based on a range of cognitive, behavioural and solution focused approaches. There will be opportunities to become involved in service evaluation and audit projects.Main duties of the job
Under supervision to provide assessments and short-term low intensity psychological interventions for adults with acute and chronic physical health conditions. You will work across a number of clinical areas in the acute hospital setting (This may include Oncology, Renal, Critical Care, Airways, Burns, Plastics and Dermatology).
Inpatient and outpatient work across the Trust is required.
To assist in service evaluation (including audit), maintenance of databases/spreadsheets, development and compilation of self-help materials for patients & scoring of questionnaires.
Attending and contributing in Triage meetings and MDT's.
To support with project workAbout us
We have 10,000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be part of an established clinical health psychology service within the Trust and be an integral part of the multidisciplinary team. Regular supervision will be provided by a senior therapist within the service.You should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with people who have acute and long-term health conditions. You will need to be flexible, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will be required to work therapeutically with patients whilst they are inpatients on the wards as well as patients in the outpatient clinics therefore there will be an expectation that you will be onsite for a large proportion of your time. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Contributes to the clinical activity of the psychology service within the Psychology Service.
- Assist in setting, monitoring and maintaining standards of care to improve the patient experience and outcome of care.
- Promote equality in care and practice by recognising, respecting and meeting the needs and choices of individuals.
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills within scope of role and provide information to others to help their development.
- Contribute to the management of risk and monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self and others, conforming to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines .
- oA degree/registered qualification in healthcare at graduate level in psychology, nursing, social work, allied health professional.
- oHas completed accredited PWP course
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- oDegree in Psychology
- oHas knowledge/relevant experience of other therapy modalities that are relevant to practice as a PWP (e.g. solution-focused therapy).
- oEvidence of working with people who have experienced a mental health problem and PWP interventions.
- oExperience of audit/service evaluation projects
- oKnowledge of the application of psychological interventions within a physical health setting.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExperience of working in services where multidisciplinary working was embraced as part of service delivery.
- oExperience of working in an acute hospital setting with people who have physical health problems.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.