CLCH Hertfordshire Adult Community Services -
CLCH NHS Trust provides a range of Community Services, and the Hertfordshire Division is recruiting!
West Hertfordshire community respiratory service provided by CLCH has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic forward thinking specialist respiratory physiotherapist to join our friendly multi-disciplinary team.
The post holder will provide patient centered integrated care, providing specialist services including pulmonary rehabilitation, hospital at home for bronchiectasis / COPD, management of disordered breathing, home oxygen assessments and in reaching into the local hospice to provide breathlessness clinics.
Working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrating effective communication skills is essential.Main duties of the job
Our vision is to ensure that our patients are provided with an excellent experience and an excellent standard of care. We are a caring, dedicated and progressive team and aim to be the best within our field of care. If you share our vision and have what it takes to lead and support a team on this exciting journey of excellence then we would love to hear from you.
You will need to display excellent communication skills, and offer care in a kind and compassionate manner. You will be dynamic, innovative, hardworking, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. We can offer you the opportunity to develop your therapy and management skills as well as supporting you to develop your leadership style and skills that will support you throughout your career.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH . Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full list ofresponsibilities. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To work within a multidisciplinary respiratory team to deliver community respiratory service 7 days per week, in West Hertfordshire providing specialist services for patients with COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis and intestitial lung disease.
- Provide specialist care programmes, including pulmonary rehabilitation, hospital at home admission avoidance / virtual hospital, airways / dysfunctional breathing and oxygen clinics, airway clearance, adviceline, service triage and adhering to evidence based guidelines.
- To take part in the line management, clinical supervision and education of more junior staff and students.
- To be actively involved in service development, quality improvement and research/ audit.
- Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- Post registration respiratory qualification or equivalent experience
- Teaching/Mentorship qualification or equivalent experience
- Possession of a degree or equivalent
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working with respiratory patients including bronchiectasis, asthma, COPD and ILD
- Experience of running pulmonary rehabilitation programme.
- Experience of management of breathlessness and anxiety
- Experience of managing patient requiring chest clearance techniques
- Experience of working within a community setting.
- Demonstrates ability to develop new initiatives
- Demonstrates ability to managing change
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to make decisions and prioritise actions
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful
- A working knowledge of clinical governance and evidence based practice
- Ability to develop and maintain team working
- Ability to demonstrate specialist clinical expertise, including physical assessment, spirometry, developing self-management action plans
- Ability to undertake ambulatory oxygen assessments
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Sound working knowledge of guidelines in the field of respiratory care
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge awareness of recent NHS policies/DoH agenda
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the holistic needs of the client group
- Computer skills i.e. Word, data- bases email, internet
- An eagerness to contribute to quality assurance and audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Friendly and approachable
- Calm & confident team player
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, flexible
- Receptive to feedback and the willingness to learn and develop
- Committed to respiratory care
- Ability in managing people
- Current license to drive a car and in possession of a car
- Satisfactory health record
- Physically able to perform all aspects of the job
- Punctual and reliable
- Commitment to life-long learning
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Hemel Hempstead Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.