We are looking for a well-motivated, committed and enthusiastic part time Audiologist, to join our friendly and progressive team as 9 month maternity cover. We offer diagnostic and rehabilitative services to both Adults and Paediatrics including Newborn Hearing Screening. This post is primarily adult audiology provision (hearing aids and ENT) .
This role will support our current provision and will enable the team to continue to provide excellent patient care and hearing support for our population. A working knowledge of the Audit Base patient management system and previous use of Oticon and Phonak hearing aids would be an advantage.Main duties of the job
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the Audiology Service to ensure ENT clinics, outreach clinics and hearing aid clinics operate effectively with good clinical outcomes.
- Responsibility of working autonomously in outreach clinics, transporting, setting up and using expensive equipment including technical problem solving alone.
- Working independently providing a diagnostic and rehabilitative service for adults, including those with physical and/or learning difficulties.
- Responsibility for management of own patients, formulating and delivering care plans for adults.
- Fitting of NHS Hearing Aids to adults including rehabilitation and after care.
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our 'Right Care' behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients - we want to make these part of our DNA.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details and full details of the role please see the attached job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- BSc in Audiology or the equivalent professional qualification (ONC/HNC BTEC in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurements with a Professional Qualification in Audiology (BAAT Part I and II)/ BSc in Healthcare Science (Audiology).
- RCCP(ACHS) Registration
- Clinical Educators qualification.
- BAA Registration
- Experience of assessing the hearing of both adults and children
- Experience of Adult Hearing Aid Provision
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Evidence of hearing aid verification techniques
- Firm knowledge of audiological patient management systems and information technology.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous knowledge of using the AuditBase system
- Previous use of Oticon & Phonak hearing aids
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, Skipton Road, Steeton, Keighley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.