Are you a student nurse in your 3rd year
, newly qualified nurse
or an experienced nurse
looking to start your career in mental health.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you're in luck.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has an opportunity to join our inpatient services at the Redwoods Centre, Shrewsbury. We provide care to older adults, working age adults and 136 assessment who are suffering with a range of mental illnesses.
We will offer support you while in clinical practice and a trust preceptorship program.Main duties of the job
About usCalling all Mental health nurses , We offer a friendly dedicated, supportive team environment along with excellent personalised training and development opportunities.
- Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients and their families.
- Acting as named nurse to a group of patients under the direction / supervision of the person identified with continuing responsibility.
- Participating in therapeutic group work programmes.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and contributing to the formulation of the person's needs and the development of a relevant plan based upon the person's negotiated goals and relevant evidence based interventions.
- You will, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, provide nursing interventions to support the person to meet their agreed goals and coordinate and/ or participate in the review of progress towards those goals, utilising recommended outcome measures, involving the service user and any identified carer throughout the clinical
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- MPFT will offer an additional golden hello (10% welcome bonus of annual salary) 'welcome to MPFT bonus' 5% on joining us and 5% after a period of 12 months service. We also offer an individual learning fund to support development and CPD.
- If you are a newly qualified nurse, we will support you while in clinical practice and offer a trust preceptorship program.
- A contribution for relocation fees is also available upon application.
- Lease car scheme.
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Progression opportunities with the chance to upskill
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
What is it like to be an Inpatient Mental Health Nurse at MPFT? - YouTube
We provide inpatient facilities for working age adults with acute mental health problems and we are looking for caring, compassionate individual to work within our acute service who are committed to providing high quality care and treatment to our patients. Working in an acute environment can be challenging, but with the right team, positive attitude and resilience we are rising to the challenge and reaping the reward of being able to support people during their most difficult times.
With you in our team, we will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patients experience. You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.
You will need to be NMC registered
and you will be required to work within the NMC Code of Practice and Professional guidelines.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse on NMC Register or eligible to once qualified.
- BSc degree in nursing or equivalent level
- Experience of providing care and interventions within a health setting including specialist mental health settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a variety of healthcare settings and making decisions autonomously.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.