This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic team who are passionate and committed about supporting education and training and the expansion and transformation of education. You will work closely with the leadership team in the development of the training academy vision, approach and infrastructure across the region and play a fundamental role in the management of the programme, development of systems and processes and oversee the business and administration functions of the academy. In line with NHSE and UHP strategic objectives you will work with a range of senior managers internally and externally to lead project and change initiatives.
With significant experience in project and business management you will have the opportunity to shape, implement and improve systems and policies and will have responsibility for managing complex information sources to ensure the robust delivery of the objectives of the academy for NHSE and UHP.
Demonstrating your leadership, management, and project management skills you will motivate the programme management team to maintain data accuracy and identify continuous improvements in line with NHSE and UHP standard operating procedures.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the job
This role will be extremely varied no two days will be the same. You will work on key strategic projects, aligned to the national agenda. You will work across several NHS organisations including NHSE and other providers. You will have the responsibility and the opportunity to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders giving you a broad perspective both locally and nationally to enable you to develop your own skills and experience within the NHS. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with excellent leadership, project management and problem-solving skills, working in partnership with key stakeholders internally and externally to lead, manage and develop people and processes.About us
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Work closely with NHSE, UHP, HEIs, Clinical Academics and other stakeholders to ensure robust project governance.
- Facilitate the required planning and implementation of the Academy model.
- Identify opportunities and manage complex change projects in line with NHSE and UHP corporate strategy, standards, and values to deliver agreed benefits.
- Responsible for the management of the programme analysis and reporting areas of work and develop and manage the performance and quality assurance processes.
- Deliver and adhere to risk management and governance arrangements of all associated workstreams in accordance with NHSE and UHP standing Financial Instructions and various operating models.
- Responsible for business support and administration functions of the academy.
- oDemonstrable project delivery experience in the context of the public services.
- oPrevious demonstrable experience of the management of a team.
- oOperational management of a service or organisation at a senior level.
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- oEducated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience in administration, business, or management.
- oProven evidence of recent CPD and ongoing learning.
- oDemonstrable experience of leading change management and programme delivery in the context of the public services.
- oAble to communicate effectively with and motivate a diverse team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oSignificant proven working knowledge of the functions of postgraduate medical education and post-registration education.
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
Can be based anyway in the South West although office in Plymouth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.