We have an exciting opportunity to join the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Talking Therapies IAPT Service where you will be responsible for leading a team of therapists and support staff. In addition, contributing to the strategic direction and implementation of service developments.
The Team Manager will be responsible for the line management of staff including supervision, appraisal and continued professional development to ensure the team is operating at the highest standards within local and national guidelines.
Overall, the Team Manager will be operationally and clinically responsible for the management and provision of quality evidence-based intervention for our service users. The post holder will be instrumental in the development of a successful and innovative IAPT service.
The successful candidate will be covering the Central Cornwall area and there will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be based in locality office at least 2 days per week.
There will also be the expectation that the successful candidate will attend the service wide managers' meetings at our offices in Roche on a weekly basis.
A generous relocation package could be negotiated if relocating to the county that offers temporary remote working during the relocation process.
For further information about Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly NHS Talking Therapies Service for Depression & Anxiety contact James Ward, Clinical Lead on email@example.comMain duties of the job
- Responsibility and accountability for the operational delivery of clinical services to adults in Talking Therapies, including the delivery of key-performance targets, including highly complex case management
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and supervision of the Talking Therapies staff, providing support to deliver key performance indicators and toensure all staff have an annual review, PDP and are up to date with compulsory, essential & CPD requirements.
- Facilitate the teaching and learning of all professionals, trainees, students, andother staff during Talking Therapies training/placement.
- Ensuring good multi agency liaison regarding individual cases and undertake a resolution leadership role when problems occur.
- To ensure implementation of effective case management protocols which ensure optimum use of clinical time.
- Responsible for ensuring that practitioners adhere to referral times and waiting list targets.
- Deputise for the Operational Lead where required.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documentsPerson SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and ExperienceEssential
- Professional qualification or equivalent Talking Therapies experience
- Leadership/Management qualification or experience to diploma level
- Substantial relevant experience of working post qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
Skills and AptitudeEssential
- Substantial experience working at a senior level in a Talking Therapies or similar setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sound financial management skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly NHS Talking Therapies for Depression & Anxiety
Talking Therapies Liskeard base
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.