Are you an experienced education and development champion who is ready for a new challenge? If so there is an exciting opportunity for you to join our Clinical Education Team. You will be joining an industrious team comprising of Clinical Educational Leads for pre-registration, post registration and Clinical Support Worker development. Your role will be to educate and support Clinical Support Workers to develop the essential skills required to enable achievement of clinical competencies and professional development. We have a unique opportunity for an experienced and motivated Registered Nurse who is passionate about Clinical Support Workers education and development to join the Clinical Education Team. You will work Monday to Friday with occasional requirements for weekends or night shifts depending on service requirements. If you are interested in joining a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Clinical Education Team to deliver the Trust objectives and embed our Values into all that we do, please apply.Main duties of the job
To work across CUH Trust promoting high quality education and support both clinically and educationally.
Plan, implement and evaluate Trust wide blended learning programs for learners to enable competent evidence based care.
Work collaboratively in the planning, delivery and evaluation of clinical skills, eLearning and training programmes to meet Trust priorities for newly appointed and existing staff.
Facilitate the development of learners ensuring they develop appropriate competence and skills.
Facilitate mandatory training programmes to meet statutory and mandatory requirements.
Undertake corporate project work and evaluations linked to development, education and training.About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Please note:- Internal applicants on permanent contracts can only apply for this post as a secondment and must have the approval of your current line manager before applying.
Closing date is midnight on 26 November 2023
Interviews are due to be held on 5 December 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree qualification in Nursing and Registered with NMC
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Practice Supervisor / Assessor qualification
- Teaching Qualification or willing to work towards
- Demonstrate expert nursing skills
- Relevant clinical experience
- Evidence of mentorship/preceptorship roles
- Accept personal accountability for own practice
- Experience of formal/informal teaching
- Relevant experience in clinical education or as a clinical educator
- Understanding of evidence based practice
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of clinical education field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working as an integral member of a small team
- Adaptable to changing situations due to both workload and colleagues needs
- Ability to undertake teaching of staff and patients
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload effective time management
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Commitment to multidisciplinary working
- Assertiveness / perceptive counselling skills
- Documentation, audit and presentation skills
- Leadership Skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- To act in a professional manner at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct
- Capable of developing liaisons with other practice areas / academic institutions
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.