An exciting opportunity has arisen to join in our new Urgent Crisis Response and Virtual Wards Team based in Macclesfield. We are a friendly multidisciplinary team made up of therapists, nurses, ACP's, rehabilitation assistants, and patient navigators. We also have a very close working relationship with Cheshire East Council, to enable us to support our patients at home, by accessing rapid care. We provide assessment and treatments for a wide variety of patients, with complex needs, across the East Cheshire locality, with the aim of preventing unnecessary hospital admissions and supporting people within their own homes.
We are looking for an experience Occupational Therapist, with excellent clinical skills in Urgent Crisis Response and the drive and ambition to input into the development of the community virtual wards.
The Urgent Crisis Response service is a 7 day service operating between the hours of 8am-8pm. There will be a requirement for the successful candidate/s to work weekends, on a rota basis. Hours per week: Flexible up to 37.5 hours per week. Compressed hours will be considered.Main duties of the jobKey Roles and Responsibilities
To excel in this role, the clinician will need to work autonomously to mange a complex patient caseload within varied settings in the community.
You will need to deliver training to professional groups of all bandings, patients and carers. This will include supervision of junior staff, inductees across the board.
To enable service development, the clinician will also need to initiate and take part in audits to improve clinical practice as well pulling on up to date clinical research.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- Relevant professional degree / diploma
- Clinical educators training
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Post registration knowledge which is relevant to the specialist area and evidenced by CPD
- Knowledge of recent NHS legislation, recommendations
- Awareness of the national and local priorities and changing trends in specialist area.
- Knowledge of the service / trust values & objectives
- Experience working in Crisis Response
- Ability to lead junior colleagues
- Advanced communication and listening skills
- Ability to make appropriate decisions at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload, achieving a balance between clinical and other aspects of role
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of team
Specific Job RequirementEssential
- Proven post registration experience, some of which is in a relevant setting / associated area.
- Experience of contributing to the teaching and mentoring of staff & members of the MDT.
- Prior experience working in the NHS - with a broad range of NHS rotations to include, Respiratory, and Outpatients, Orthopaedics, Neurology
- Proven ability to manage complex rehabilitation issues including dementia and ensure safe and timely discharge of patients
- Ability to meet travel requirements
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please see person specification for additional criteria
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.