To assist the pharmacy dispensary/distribution manager(s) with the provision of pharmacy services to patients and staff across all UCLH sites. To provide an economic efficient and timely service, following agreed departmental policies and procedures.
To participate and support audit, risk management and clinical governance initiatives.
To provide safe and effective medicines management to staff and patients at UCLH. Main duties of the jobManagement and Supervision
- To assist in the supervision of the day to day running of the relevant dispensary as required by the dispensary manager(s)
- To assist in the supervision of Assistant Technical Officers (ATOs), pre-registration pharmacy technicians and band 4 pharmacy technicians
- To deputise for the dispensary manager(s) when required
UCLH NHS Foundation Trust were one of the first Foundation Trusts in the UK, and are committed to delivering top-quality patient care, providing excellent education to their staff, and undertaking world-class research. UCLH provide exceptional pharmaceutical services, and aim to provide safe, effective, and economical use of medicines while supporting education, training, and research. Their busy and dynamic hospital pharmacy is closely involved in all stages of medicine use, from agreeing contracts for the purchase of medicines through to assessing their outcomes, and distributing vital drugs both to discharged patients and across all hospital wards.
Our Bank Staff Pharmacists are invaluable to us, so we provide the following advantages as a thank you for their dedication and commitment:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPharmacy Technician Band 5:Dispensary and Distribution
- Flexible working hours
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- Weekly pay
- Opportunity to book and monitor shifts using online timesheet
- Priority of shifts over all agency workers
- Competitive pay
- To ensure that procedures relating to good dispensing practice are followed and to encourage and maintain high standards and orderly methods of working
- To encourage and support compliance with the formulary and dispensary policies
- To maintain labelling standardsStock Management Duties
- To assist the dispensary manager/distribution manager in maintaining the internal distribution system and to maintain an efficient stock control system
- To assist with the daily random stock, high cost and CD stock checks
- To participate in the ward top up service and the direct distribution of IV fluidsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential
- worked in the Dispensary and Distribution experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 6 months experience in the NHS
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University College London Hospitals
250 Euston Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.