The Patient Safety Matron will lead the patient safety agenda for the Women's Health Care Group. The post holder will provide leadership, guidance and expertise within the wider multi-professional team for the Care Group for patient safety and quality governance. This will include putting in place strategies and frameworks that ensure Women's Health services meet national, regional and local standards for good governance.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for leading and organising the patent safety agenda for the Women's Health. This will be inclusive of the reporting requirements for serious incidents, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB), Perinatal Mortality Review Tool (PMRT) and UK Obstetric Surveillance System (UKOSS) as well as audit, guidelines, management of complaints, and research. They will work closely and collaboratively with the wider governance team to ensure effective communication systems are in place and to ensure excellent standards of care and compliance with national and local standards.About us
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with fivehospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 800,000 people. Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'. We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disabilityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in Documents to download.
If you have further queries please dont hesitate to contact the line manager using the contact details below.Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Master's degree in relevant area of study or actively working towards the same
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Clinical skills and experienceEssential
- HSIB Investigative training
- All round Midwifery clinical experience / can demonstrate credible midwifery knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners.
- Proven track record of managing risk, patient safety and governance
- Track record of recent investigation analysis and report writing
- Experience of risk management process, SI investigation, and shared learning.
- Understanding of Clinical effectiveness and audit procedures.
- Knowledge of patient safety.
- Experience of implementing change in clinical practice system wide
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be responsive to highly emotive conversations
- Flexible, highly motivated and supportive of others.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with all staff.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Willing to develop new skills including completing appropriate training as required.
- Willingness to share knowledge and skills to contribute to the professional development of others.
- Resilient and able to maintain personal effectiveness and work well under pressure
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Innovative, self- motivated, enthusiastic.
- Adaptable in managing workloads, requiring an immediate response.
- Manage own wellbeing and wellbeing of the team to support high levels of personal and team resilience.
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kent & Canterbury Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.