Do you have a passion for education? Are you highly motivated and innovative? A dynamic individual who would relish a new role working in Cancer and End of Life education? Then this is the job for you!
We are looking to welcome an Assistant Education Hub Manager, in a full time role. We are looking for a creative, dynamic individual who has significant previous experience of working in a busy, fast paced environment and can bring their knowledge, skills and experience to support the Education Hub Manager.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a keen interest in improving and developing their leadership skills, to enable the service to develop and evolve. You must be an effective role model demonstrating high levels of competence and expertise. You should be able to demonstrate involvement in service improvement,
This is a permanent post. Hours of work are 37.5 over five days. Some evening work will be required. For further details/informal visits please contact:
Lyndsay Wiggans, Cancer Education Manager Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
- To deputise for the Education Hub manager in their absence
- To ensure the smooth running of all Cancer CRG meetings and education events
- Work with lead clinician to develop a 12 month programme for all Cancer Education
- Ensure the Cancer Education Hub website is updated regularly
- Coordinate CPD applications for all education events
- Ensure all invoices for education events are processed in a timely manner
- To provide a skilled and full range of administrative duties to support the Clinical Reference Group Meetings for Cancer
- To facilitate the reporting mechanisms for clinical audit and to seek to develop further opportunities to disseminate lessons learned and the sharing of good practice
- To manage self and own workload in order to make the CRG Coordinator work stream successful
- Effective communication skills
We have 9000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area and give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire and Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients and staff, ensuring we keep thriving and delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You will have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet great people and do things you would never have done.
You will make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold and help innovate to keep improving our services. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Assistant Cancer Education Manager will work as part of a dynamic education hub that sits within the Corporate Cancer Team at the Cancer Centre. The post holder will be required to deliver an effective network support service to the Lancashire & South Cumbria Clinical Groups for Cancer.
The post holder will be required to deputise for the Cancer Education Manager. This will include attendance at meetings, arranging education sessions and administrative duties to ensure the continuous smooth running of the Cancer Education Hub.
The post holder will be required to prepare complex documents, presentations and correspondence to a high standard, so a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. The aptitude to work on your own initiative and the ability to prioritise your work efficiently is essential.
You must be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation as well as demonstrating excellent verbal and written skills.
In particular, the post holder will provide and coordinate administrative services including the preparation of agendas and minutes, taking appropriate follow-up action and acting as a central point of contact for the Chair and group members as required. The post holder will be required to organise annual educational events and conferences for the groups.
The post holder will be required to manage several education events both on and off the hospital site. Attention to detail is paramount, you will be producing work to a high standard, with the ability to support, advise and facilitate healthcare professionals in the planning and design of education sessions. Your duties will involve influencing clinicians and managers at all levels to ensure that projects are focussed on agreed priorities, carried out to a high standard, and completed and presented in a way that facilitates the implementation of improvements in clinical practice.
Clinical network group meetings are regularly held outside of normal working hours, so the post holder will be required to work flexibly on a regular basis. This will involve some lone and evening work.
The post holder will be required to support the groups with the management of projects, gathering information and undertaking enquiries as and when required, as well as maintaining a robust data repository for the groups.Person SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience at this level
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Basic knowledge of project management principles
- ECDL or equivalent level of ability
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Project management qualification
- Working knowledge of coordinating event hosting on MS Teams, including webinars
- Working knowledge of MS Forms, including ability to create surveys & feedback forms
- Experience of communicating with third parties/private sectors
- Experience of developing relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- Experience in management and coordination of large corporate events
- Ability to draft comprehensive reports, data and letters.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project development and management experience
- Previous experience of working in a cancer related field
- Knowledge of Cancer and End of Life Services
- Previous experience of working in an NHS organisation
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.