An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Decontamination department of Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. We are looking for an individual with passion for decontamination who take on leading the day-to-day operations of Endoscopy Decontamination Unit and Medical Equipment Decontamination Unit and managing the team of technicians in ensuring all medical devices and equipment are decontaminated in line with manufacturer's instructions and relevant regulatory standards and hospital protocols.
This role is essential in ensuring operational and other clinical needs are met with regards to availability of safely decontaminated medical equipment and devices. This role will be responsible for compliance with regulatory standards, resolving service issues, liaising with the various operational teams and is intended to be a champion on behalf of the patient. The post holder will actively participate as a member of the Management team in the production of a high quality cost effective decontamination service within the GOSH.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and experienced individual with intuitive service skills, responsible for leading and monitoring decontamination processes and outcomes. The successful applicants must be patient focused, proactive, organised with the ability to multi task and deal with frequent disruptions in a busy working environment.Main duties of the job
- Monitoring of decontamination team duties and responsibilities on clinical wards and in decontamination units where applicable
- Assist in maintaining and implementing effective communication and collaborative working between teams, including service users
- Ensure staff receive appropriate induction and training
- Assist on Performance Management, Management Case process and absence management as required
- To maintain good communications within the department to ensure that all staff are fully briefed on their role in the achievement of the Trust's aims and objectives, and that they are aware of major developments within the Trust
- Responsible for compliance with all decontamination regulatory guidance, including HTM, EN & ISO standards
- Delivery of environmental standards set by ISO standards
- Processing and management of PLACE audit action plans resulting from the formal audit process
GOSH is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from bias and discrimination.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture where all staff are valued, respected and acknowledged. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability status or length of time spent unemployed.
We particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, people with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions and LGBT+ community members.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, a member of Business Disability Forum and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
We have active and Executive supported BAME, LGBT+ and Allies, Disability and Long-Term Health Conditions and Women's staff networks. Staff networks are employee-led groups formed around interests, issues and a common bond or background. Staff network members create a positive and inclusive work environment at Great Ormond Street Hospital by actively contributing to the Trust's mission, values and efforts specific to inclusion. All of our staff networks are open to any employee.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both documents please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationCulture and ValuesEssential
- Our Always values oAlways welcoming oAlways helpful oAlways expert oAlways one team
- Experience of working as part of a diverse team
- Experience of contributing to an inclusive workplace culture
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) or Professional Qualification in relevant subject
- Evidence of CPD in a relevant filed
- Supervisory qualification
- Decontamination City & Guilds qualification
- Auditor accredited training & certificate
- Experience in audit and monitoring standards
- Experience in working in a pressurised environment
- Experience in rectification of issues of non- compliance
- Experience in problem solving, assessing risk and project management
- Experience at manager/supervisor level within a decontamination facility
- Knowledge of CQC standards, NHS cleaning standards, HTM, ISO, EN, COSHH, H& S at Work
- Risk / Incident management process
- Experience in line management
- Experience in managing the decontamination environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to Line manage and Supervise staff
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to identify improvement initiatives & project manage
- Ability to use computer packages (word, excel) and electronic monitoring tools
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and delegate tasks
- Report preparation skills
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.