We are looking to develop our Occupational Therapy team at QEQM Hospital, with the introduction of this new role covering the Critical Care Pathway and Neurology. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader with excellent rehabilitation skills.
This exciting Clinical Specialist position offers the opportunity to lead the rehabilitation of our Critical Care and Neurology patients throughout their inpatient pathway.
There is also the opportunity to contribute to the award winning Critical Care outpatient follow up and rehabilitation service.Main duties of the job
This post holder will lead the Occupational Therapy services across the Critical Care pathway at the QEQM hospital, including on discharge from Critical Care and participation in the Critical Care outpatient follow up and rehabilitation service.
They will also provide specialist Occupational Therapy to patients with neurological conditions, in Critical care and the wards at QEQM. They will form links with the Neurology and Stroke Therapy services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital, for the purpose of teaching/learning and clinical supervision.
They will demonstrate excellent communication and collaborative working, along with other clinical specialists across the Health Economy, in order to provide a high quality, efficient service.
In conjunction with the Clinical and Site Lead they will ensure clinical governance targets are met, including the development of clinical standards and protocols, specialist evidence based practice, audit, research, clinical and non-clinical risk management.About usApplications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.
Our therapy team at East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust strives to achieve excellence daily. We are passionate about the services we provide, comprising of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Dietetics and Podiatry. We are committed to your professional development and are keen to provide high quality, evidence based services keeping the patient at the heart of our delivery. We offer regular teaching, training and one-to-ones with targeted appraisals to ensure you are developing within your professional role. Within the Therapy team we pride ourselves on our inclusive and professional workplace culture. Teamwork, trust and respect are held at the centre of everything we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Desirable Skills and abilitiesEssential
- 3 years post graduate experience in relevant clinical area
- Proven record of providing high quality intervention for high risk patients
- Fieldwork educator
- Clinical audit
- Highly developed clinical skills in relevant area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Teaching / facilitating training
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Up to date therapeutic moving & handling skills
- Basic IT knowledge
- Effective and strong team player
- Ability to travel independently between sites as required by the service
- Competent presentation skills
- Awareness of professional issues and recent developments in the NHS and Primary Care including Clinical Governance, NICE and CQC
- Knowledge of up to date clinical / evidenced based practice.
- Awareness of Key Performance Indicators or service contracts
- BSc Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered
- Member of BAOT
- Leadership training
Ability to manageEssential
- Ability to motivate and organise others to ensure best practice
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to support the implementation of local and national agenda's for health under the guidance of the team lead / service manager
- Ability to prioritise care delivery in a professional manner, taking into account Trust policies and procedures
- Ability to organise own work
- Ability to cope with change and use initiative
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be aware of and adhere to the Trust's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Able to travel around East Kent, and between Trust hospital sites
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.