The post holder will be a pharmacist, who acts within their professional boundaries, supporting and working alongside a team of pharmacists in general practice. In this role they will be supported by a Specialist Clinical Pharmacist who will develop, manage, and mentor them.
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role. The post holder will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews toproactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy.
The post holder will provide primary support to general practice staff withregards to prescription and medication queries. They will help support therepeat prescription system, deal with acute prescription requests, andmedicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing,providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both publicand social care needs of patient in the GP practice(s).
The post holder will provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement.
The role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver excellent service within general practice.
The post holder will be supported to develop their role to become anon-medical prescriber.
We are willing to consider and offer relocation package to the successful candidate.Main duties of the job
The main duties of the role include but not limited to :
- Patient facing long-term condition clinics and clinical medication review
- Providing telephone and face to face support for patients
- Providing medicines information support to practice staff and other health care professionals
- Medicines reconciliation and management of medicines after discharge of patients from hospital
- Signposting patients to appropriate health care services
- Initiating and maintaining patients on electronic repeat dispensing
- Assisting specialist clinical pharmacists with service improvement project and clinical governance audits.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust delivering integrated services across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Find out more on our website
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our colleagues and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We are proud to score above or equal to the average for all NHS People Promise theme areas demonstrating our commitment to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. Wherever you work we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Work life balance is about having influence and flexibility over when, where and how you work. If the work pattern for this role does not meet your needs, we welcome an application and are happy to discuss working arrangements that differ from those advertised.
We offer a unique range of benefits that go above and beyond other NHS Trusts including an enhanced leave package and health and wellbeing support.
From city to countryside, market towns to moors you'll find a place to call home including some of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
Find out more and search live jobs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationProfessional RegistrationEssential
- Mandatory registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
Qualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Membership of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- A member of or working towards Faculty membership of the Royal Pharmaceutical society
- Masters degree in pharmacy (MPharm) (or equivalent)
Skills, Competence and ExperienceEssential
- Specialist knowledge acquired through postgraduate diploma level or equivalent training/experience
- Independent prescriber or working towards/intent of gaining independent prescribing qualification
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- An appreciation of the nature of general practice, understanding the concept of rationale prescribing and strategies for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Good IT skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information in an understandable form to a variety of audiences (e.g., Patients)
- Recognises priorities when problem solving and identifies deviations from the normal pattern and can refer to seniors or GPs when appropriate
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Influence/motivate/ persuade the audience to comply with the recommendations/agreed course of action where there may be significant barriers
- Work effectively independently and as a team member
- Demonstrates accountability for delivering professional expertise and direct service provision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In depth therapeutic and clinical knowledge and understanding of the principles of evidence- based healthcare.
- Can plan, manage, monitor, advise and review general medicine optimisation issues in core areas for long term conditions.
- Produce timely and informative reports
- Able to obtain and analyse complex technical information
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Humber Primary Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.