The non rotational Senior Physiotherapist is a specialist clinician in a specific clinical area. They participate as a member of the team independently managing a specialist clinical caseload.
They take responsibility for supervising, delegation, training and developing others. The post holder will contribute to implementing changes in their own clinical area to improve patient care and efficiency of service delivery.Main duties of the job
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner
- To be professionally and legally accountable for a designated patient caseload and to decide priorities for own work area, balancing other patient related and professional demands
- To manage clinical risk within own patient caseload
- To assess patients' capacity, gain valid informed consent to treatment and where such capacity is lacking/absent to work within a legal framework in the management of the patient
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment and accurate diagnosis of patients, including those with a complex presentation, using investigative, palpatory, analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- To undertake physical treatment techniques utilising highly developed manual skills where appropriate
- To formulate individualised clinical management programmes, utilising a wide range of treatment skills and options to plan a specialised programme of care
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to relatives, carers, other disciplines and agencies to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and to ensure continuation of the treatment programme
- Diploma/degree in Physiotherapy ?State Registered Physiotherapist (HPC) ?Relevant clinical educators' course or willing to undertake training ?Appropriate range of postgraduate clinical education
- Broad range of post graduate clinical experience including comprehensive rotational experience ?Specific experience in speciality applied for ?Experience of participating in and delivering in-service training programmes ?Experience of supervising staff
- The ability to discuss the clinical reasoning process in the management of complex cases ?The ability to identify and act upon adverse clinical signs ?Good communication skills both verbal and written when interacting with members of the team, other staff, patients and their families ?The ability to work effectively in a team environment ?Evidence of initiative ?Good time management ?the ability to discuss the ethos of clinical governance and its relevance in physiotherapy practice ?The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the NHS and the challenges facing the physiotherapy service ?Awareness of relevant national and local clinical guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appreciation of research principles and findings and the impact on clinical practice ?Experience of dealing with personnel issues ?I T literate
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
Chepstow Community Hospital Integrated Team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.