Barnet Emergency Department is an exciting place to work and we are passionate about getting it right for patients and their families. We are looking to appoint passionate, enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Band 5 registered children's nurses.
As well as treating acutely unwell children, our department has an integrated Urgent Care Centre which has Emergency Nurse Practitioners working with the GPs to deliver an efficient and responsive service for patients presenting with minor injuries and illness.
We recognise the importance of progression and nurturing our own staff, you will start with a supernumerary induction programme which is individualised to your professional needs and supported by our dedicated team of Practice facilitators.
We run an in house Paediatric Emergency Care Course accredited at both level 6 and level 7, which will enhance your clinical skills and knowledge and excel your career pathway.
If you are an experienced band 5 nurse we will help you develop your leadership skills with our in house development program and support you to attend NHS Leadership Academy Courses and UCL Partners leadership development programmers.
Self rostering is available for you to allocate your own working days and we are always willing to consider flexible working in order to maintain a healthy work life balance.Main duties of the job
The main duties for this role are described in detail in the job description and person specification document, that is attached to this vacancy. Please ensure to read through to further your understanding of the role.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The main duties for this role are described in detail in the job description and person specification document, that is attached to this vacancy. Please ensure to read through to further your understanding of the role.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
Education & Professional QualificationEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- First Level Registration
- Evidence of recent and ongoing professional development
- Post qualification in relevant speciality
- Recognized teaching or mentorship qualification or working towards
- Post registration experience working in an acute hospital setting
- Awareness of current professional nursing issues
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of infection control standards
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of audit/quality
Skills & AptitudesEssential
- experience of working in an emergency department
Personal Qualities & AttributesEssential
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Proven communication skills and ability to negotiate
- Skilled in use of computer/key board
- Ability to supervise registered and unregistered staff
- Ability to work well within a team
- Knowledge of risk management
- Ability to lead change and service improvement
- Aware of quality and safety standards and ward audit requirements
- To maintain a safe clinical environment conducive to patient care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve problems
- Ability to work as a team and form professional relationships with colleagues
- Enthusiastic and assertive
- Adaptable to change
- Diplomatic and calm
- To be flexible and approachable
- Ability to work rotating shifts
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.