Are you looking for a new, varied and exciting role?
Following a recent restructure within the Integrated Pathways Division, we have an opportunity for a Professional Lead in Occupational Therapy to join our Older People and Therapies Clinical Delivery Group (CDG).
This role will provide strategic and clinical leadership to the OT's working within the acute and Community Hospitals. This post will ensure the provision of a high quality, responsive professional leadership.
You will also work alongside other Therapy Professional Leads, Head of Therapies and General Manager on operational and strategic planning and development of the Integrated Therapy Service.Main duties of the job
To apply a broad background of clinical and leadership skill and experience to the management of the service.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service.
To provide professional leadership for the Occupational Therapists employed within the Integrated Therapy Service at ESNEFT.
To represent Therapies at Governance Forums across the Division.
To be accountable for staff and patient safety when delivering Integrated Therapy Services within ESNEFT.
To be accountable for the management of the recruitment process for all Integrated Therapy Service staff (liaising with Finance and Human Resources).
To act as a source of expert advice and leadership to the MDT and Head of Therapies in matters regarding Occupational Therapy.
To oversee the clinical work of designated teams and support/facilitate good practise in workload and caseload management.About us
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Current health policy and its impact on the management and development of acute health services
- Experience of effective budgetary management
- Providing advice to specialist and non-specialist staff
- Experience of ability to manage change quickly & effectively
- Experience of ability to manage and lead therapy team
- Experience of service redesign and development
- A proven record of success in managing significant operational change while also developing and maintaining high standards of care
- Experience of analysing and making judgements involving situations where there are a number of conflicting issues, and where there is no obvious outcome - some of which be conflicting
- Experience of interpreting national policies and initiatives and implementing these into the workplace
- oEvidence of effective working relationships both inside and outside the organisation
- oLeadership Facilitator
- oExperience of leading strategic/cross Trust changes
- oExperience in preparing business cases
- oEvidence of academic pathway equivalent to Degree in Occupational Therapy
- oDemonstration and evidence of personal professional development
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- oMasters Degree or working toward/unit/departments Masters Degree level education
- oManagement Leadership Qualification, which has been tested in a management post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oHeightened awareness of national therapy initiatives
- oIT literate
- oKnowledge & application of research methodologies
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.