As part of our services across Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS), we are excited to be able to implement Mental Health Practitioner roles across the Primary Care Networks to support GPs with 'on the day' Mental Health assessment and support for patients.
It is expected the role would be spread across the three sites of Bentham, Lunesdale and Sedbergh
These are new roles designated under the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme for Senior Primary care Mental Health Practitioner. The roles will provide an opportunity for better joint working across primary care and adult secondary care mental health systems and will make it easier for patients to obtain the help they need.
This is an exciting role for someone who is proactive and passionate about innovation and providing a high-quality holistic approach to the care of people who have been identified as in need of mental health support in a primary care setting.
We are really excited to be developing our integrated community services and look forward to welcoming you to a hardworking and dedicated teams.
Please specify which area you would like to work in - either Bentham, Lunesdale and SedberghMain duties of the job
- To work as part of the primary care team in a specified Primary Care Network as an experienced, autonomous practitioner carrying out assessments, care planning and interventions for patients with mental health needs. The role will also involve the provision of advice, education and support to patients and their carers or family members. You will also act as the interface between partner agencies to ensure effective transition to primary care and referral into secondary care settings.
- You will also be actively involved in the interventions provided by the primary care team and provide expert advice and support to enable them to provide an effective service for patients with mental health needs.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Mental Health Professional with current registration with the relevant body (eg NMC, HCPC, Social Work England)
- oEvidence of continuing personal learning and development
- oEvidence of post-registration continued professional development (e.g. knowledge and expertise acquired through either in-depth experience or theoretical study of a broad range of techniques/processes relating to the knowledge area)
- oIn-depth understanding of risk assessment and risk management
- oExperience of managing mental health caseloads.
- oExperience of delivering evidence-based mental health interventions
- oExcellent understanding and application of the therapeutic relationship and boundaries
- Substantial post-registration community-based experience including completion of relevant preceptorship and post preceptorship experience (where from a nursing background) to demonstrate experience outlined below:
- oWorking in various statutory settings with knowledge of primary care.
- oManaging a caseload
- oDemonstration of high quality patient care and documentation including experience of assessing, planning and implementing and reviewing care needs
- oDelivery of various evidence-based therapeutic approaches in the care and treatment of patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oLiterate and a good all-round communicator
- oExperience of good time management and ability to prioritise workload
- oAbility to be resilient when working under pressure
- oGood interpersonal skills
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
PCN HUB Sedbergh Medical Practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.