An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Health Nurse Advisor or an experienced qualified Mental Health Nurse to join our growing Occupational Health and Wellbeing service.
The post holder will need to be able to demonstrate broad experience in Occupational Health / Mental health nursing case management. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the needs of both staff and managers are met in a way which supports the complex and changing health and wellbeing needs of the NHS workplace.
Flexible working patterns can be considered for this post including the option to work from home or working across a number of days.
If you would like to know more about this role please contact Dwayne Gillane OH nurse Manager at email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for case management including referrals due to complex health problems.
The post holder will work with a team of colleagues including existing experienced Senior Nurse Advisors and OH Consultant Physician who can provide peer support.
The post holder will work with OH colleagues in carrying out the day to day duties within the department including responding to ad-hoc queries from managers and staff. The post holder will also support junior colleagues in their professional development.About us
The Occupational Health department is a multidisciplinary team of Doctor, Nurses, Physiotherapist, Health & Wellbeing specialist and Administration team.
The team work well together in a supportive work environment where the Trust CARE values are at the core of how we work with each other and deliver our services to staff. We hold regular team meetings to ensure colleagues are up to date on current issues and provide an opportunity for learning and development.
Please be aware of the change to legislation from the 1st April 2022 which will require providers of CQC-regulated activities only employ individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to roles where they have direct, face to face contact with patients and/or service users. By applying for a role at RBFT, you accept that should your application be successful, this may be a mandatory requirement of your role if it is deemed a 'direct-facing' role. Should you require further help or support with this, please contact our Recruitment Team. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the detailed Job description attached for this role which includes but not limited to: Demonstrates specialist skill and professional knowledge acquired through post registration academic, clinical, leadership and management development. Work as an excellent role model for professional practice. Practice in accordance with the professional, ethical and legal codes of the Nursing and Midwifery Council, and Trusts protocols and guidelines. Be accountable for own practice and for the delegation of care he / she gives to more junior colleagues, support workers and students. To work effectively with employees, their Managers and Human Resources to help facilitate the return to work of staff that have ill health or sickness absence problems through the design and implementation of client focused rehabilitation programmes. Actively participate in Clinical Governance to maintain and improve standards of service delivery. Work as a role model in placing the clients experience at the core of service delivery. Assist in the monitoring and audit the quality of care through a range of strategies, including risk management incident reporting, complaints, research and effectiveness monitoring and clinical audit. Ensure own actions promote quality and alert others to quality issues. Person SpecificationEducation & Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse who holds a recordable/registered Occupational Health Nurse qualification for example, Accredited specialist public health community nurse (OH) to Degree level on part 3 of NMC register OR Equivalent / Registered Mental health Nurse ( Pt 1/12)
- Evidence of Leadership, management and willingness to undertake further development in speciality
- Evidence of continuous personal, professional and academic development
- ENB 998/ Slice, C& G 730 or equivalent
- Spirometry training
- Training in the management of mental health cases
- Significant post qualification experience including in acute settings
- Demonstrable breath of experience as a qualified practicing Occupational Health Adviser.
- Broad experience in Occupational health managing complex cases
- Must have experience in mentoring/facilitation/ teaching/ assessing/ coaching
- Demonstrable evidence of management and leadership
- Experience within both NHS & Private Sector Occupational Health fields
- Experienced in managing complex mental health related referrals
- Excellent personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrable transformational leadership ability
- Ability to facilitate and support learning in practice
- Excellent word processing and report writing in a timely manner
- Ability to deliver / facilitate/ present, teaching sessions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent typing and computer skills
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Occupational Health Department 21 Craven Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.