An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join the Research and Development Department. The post holder will support the Assistant Director for R& D and R& D Manager in promoting, facilitating and fulfilling the organisation's Research and Development (R& D) strategy and delivery plan, ensuring the delivery of high quality R& D activity across Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be integral to increasing the University Health Board's commercial and non-commercial research activity through the provision of specialist support and assistance to internal and external research active professionals undertaking research across the University Health Board in both primary, secondary care and social care and population health, as directed by the Assistant Director for R& D.
The post holder will liaise and work closely with colleagues both internally and externally to the Health Board to include Welsh Government, the Health and Care Research Wales, academic and industry partners and other NHS organisations and all staff groups within the University Health Board (e.g. radiology, pathology, pharmacy, medical, surgical, nursing, therapists and managerial professionals), to facilitate the development and undertaking of research studies across community, primary, secondary and social care and population health.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only the lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Main duties will include coordination and administration of the Health Boards Research and Development registration, review and approval process, in line with the requirements of the Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care and National regulatory bodies.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable level of experience
- Understanding Clinical Trials agreements
- PRINCE 2 Certificate
- GCP training
- Experience of working within an R& D department.
- A proven track- record of delivering against targets.
- A proven track- record in project management.
- Management of information stored electronically
- Experience of the NHS R& D processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent facilitating skills.
- Effective project management skills
- Able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility in working arrangements.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience in supervisory skills.
- Good information management skills
- Experience in dealing with finance.
- Working knowledge of Research Governance framework for Health and Social Care Wales.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of basic legal aspects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Must be able to multitask and work pro actively
- Work with and relate to highly specialist professionals.
- Must be able to demonstrate integrity and good judgement.
- Committed to the delivery of Research Governance framework.
- Experience of dealing with outside agencies for research purposes at local and national level
- Ability to travel between sites.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meets all desirable criteria as per attached job description/person specification
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.