An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Gastroenterology Team as a Band 6 Deputy Sister/Charge Nurse on Guist Ward.
Guist Ward is a 37 bedded ward specialising in Gastroenterology: nursing a range of Gastroenterology disorders/diseases including liver disease, bowel disorders, anorexia nervosa, those needing medical detox from alcohol, and also a range of people needing various forms of enteral feeding.
Alongside these conditions we work very closely with several specialist nursing teams including the Nutrition Support Team, Substance Misuse, Liver, IBD and Mental Health teams. Our Gastro Team also provides specialist medical care for those with eating disorders.
We are currently seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and motivated registered nurse to join our friendly and motivated senior team.Main duties of the job
- You will be able to work on your own initiative as well as being a key member of the ward team, with the ability and willingness to lead a new and expanding workforce.
- Individuals should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with significant experience at Band 5 level.
- Ability to maintain high standards of patient care.
- Possess a high level of motivation and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Experience of managing and leading a clinical area.
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
- Ensure practice is in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and work within limits of competence.
- Assist the Ward/Department manager in maintaining standards of nursing practice.
- Carry out and advise/supervise junior staff in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluating of nursing care.
- Carry out the daily personal care of patients.
- To take charge of the clinical area in the absence of the Ward/Department Sister/ Charge Nurse.
- To ensure the patient administration systems e.g. PAS are up-dated to ensure real time data collection and confidentiality.
- To ensure the effective use of information technology for the benefit of patient care in accordance with the Trusts Cyber Code of Conduct.
- To ensure the confidentiality of information (written, verbal, electronic) is maintained, whilst being aware of the Freedom for Information Act.
- To co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patients within their plan of care and to communicate relevant changes promptly and effectively in patient status to the multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively communicate complex, sensitive, or contentious information to the multi-disciplinary team gaining their co-operation.
- Communicate effectively with patients, relatives, carers, significant others, the multi-disciplinary team, and support services.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to Trust policies and the principles of their professional body.
- To manage complaints in accordance with the Trusts Complaints Procedure.
- To assist in the development of patient information liaising with PALS as necessary.
- Use leadership skills to create an environment that is safe and supportive to ensure effective teamwork and a motivated, efficient workforce.
Please see the attached job description for full details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the NMC register.
- Significant experience at Band 5 level, of which some is to be in a position relevant to the specialty
- Experience of managing and leading a clinical area
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency in advanced clinical skills including enhanced practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.