We have an opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated Sonographers to come and join us. We are a vibrant, friendly, supportive team providing a wide range of ultrasound examinations. We are looking for candidates with experience in one or more of these areas obstetrics, gynaecology, general and MSK ultrasound.
At Wexham we value the importance of facing the future and so we make sure that all our staff have the opportunity to advance their practice and the sonography profession.
We offer a structured induction programme, during which you will be able to consolidate core skills under mentor guidance, become familiar with our protocols and visit our different sites.
Our Sonographers are committed to providing excellent care, while learning new skills. Opportunities exist for on-going development in areas that might interest you such as MSK, intervention or paediatrics. We will support you with study leave and learning opportunities. If management or teaching are your thing, we can help you develop your skills in those areas too. We nurture ambition and so all our opportunities are open to anyone who applies for them - from a brand newly qualified sonographer to an experienced one who is considering a change.
Part time or flexible working considered.Main duties of the job
To work as a clinical sonographer delivering of a high quality ultrasound service.
To be an effective member of the Department of Radiology providing a high standard of imaging and patient care. Managing your own lists, performing and reporting a range of ultrasound examinations, participating in audit and supporting trainee sonographers.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital servicesforaround 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence,WorkingTogether and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnelworkingalongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDIMENSIONS OF JOB:
Based at Wexham Park Hospital with cross-site working at Heatherwood, St Marks and King Edward VII Hospitals.To work as a clinical sonographer delivering a high quality ultrasoundservice. JOB SUMMARY:
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Perform a range of obstetric and or non-obstetric ultrasoundexaminations
- Produce high quality ultrasound reports under the delegation of thelead radiologist for Ultrasound and in accordance with acceptedpractice and protocols within the Obstetrics Department
- Overall responsible for contributing to providing a high quality andefficient ultrasound service
- Maintains the high standards of the department by contributing toindividual and team objectives.
- To be an effective member of the Department of Radiology providing a high standard of imaging and patient care
- To supervise students working within the department
Undertake duties as a Specialist Sonographer.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES: Service Delivery and Quality
- Perform a range of ultrasound examinations.
- Produce high quality ultrasound reports in accordance with accepted practice and protocols within the Radiology Department
- Overall responsible for contributing to providing a high quality and efficient ultrasound service
- Ensure the quality of work is audited at all stages
- Maintains the high standards of the department by contributing to individual and team objectives.
Maintain good communication and relationships with stakeholders including patients and other users of the service
Personnel & Training
- Able to communicate results and findings to patients and relatives
- Provide relevant information to ensure that verbal consent is gained from patients or carers before undertaking any ultrasound procedure
- Undertake audit to ensure that all aspects of the service clinical and non-clinical is of a high standard and meets with the quality agenda
Investors in People
- Responsible for maintaining CPD and own level of competence
- Supervises trainee Sonographers, Consultants and SPRs in O& G, and support delivery of the training programme and assessment
- Responsible for the induction of new staff
- Supervise and train student radiographers
- Supervise and train trainee specialist radiographers - ultrasound
Equality and Diversity
- To brief staff on a regular basis about the Trusts objectives, plans and business developments
- To set objectives and identify training needs for staff and ensure that they are appraised at least once annually
- To induct new staff effectively ensuring all relevant training is undertaken corporately and locally
- To discuss expected outcomes of training and development activity with staff prior to training and afterwards review whether expected outcomes were achieved
Health & Safety
- To comply with and maintain awareness of the Trusts Equality and Diversity Policy
- To undertake an equality update every three years
- To ensure equality analyses of strategies and policies are undertaken every three years
Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups
- To take reasonable care of your health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work activities.
- To work in accordance with the Trusts health and safety policy and other relevant policies and guidance.
- To attend all relevant mandatory health and safety training and annual update training, (including that for manual handling and fire).
- To follow high standards of infection control practice relevant to your work which includes hand cleansing and aseptic techniques for clinical staff and attend mandatory training and annual update training as necessary.
- To ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to provide a safe place of work, including arrangements for undertaking departmental risk assessments, and developing action plans to resolve any significant hazards found.
- To ensure that all staff (including bank and part time staff ) working in your area receive all necessary health and safety (including fire and manual handling) information and are appropriately inducted and trained to enable them to undertake their duties in line with Trust policies and procedures.
- If you are responsible for anyone undertaking a job of work on Trust premises who is not a member of staff (eg a contractor) you must ensure that they receive all necessary health and safety information to allow them to work safely, which will include details of the Trusts fire alarm procedure.
Data Protection Act 1998 & Confidentiality, Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Employees who come into contact with vulnerable adults or children and their parents during the course of their normal duties need to be aware of their responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- You are required to comply with and maintain your awareness of the Trusts Policies and procedures relating to the Data Protection Act and Confidentiality and Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- PgC Medical Ultrasound CASE accredted
- Non CASE accredted Ultrasound qualification
- MSc Ultrasound
- PgD Medical Ultrasound CASE accredted
- Ability to plan and organize as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must be able to exercise professional self-regulation
- Share complex information with staff and patients in a sensitive manner.
- Team Player - understanding team dynamics.
- Experienced Sonographer
- Practical Ultrasound Training
- Experience of undertaking audit
- NHS Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in training other clinical users / staff
- Experience in equipment selection and evaluation
- Experience in delivering benefits relating to change management
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.