We have a rapidly developing Cross Sectional Imaging Service and an on-going training programme for CT/MR Radiographers. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and skilled CT Night Radiographer with an extensive background in CT.
The Diagnostics and Pharmacy Group is part of the Northern Care Alliance (NCA), one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place of science, innovation and transformational thinking, the Diagnostic and Pharmacy Group unites Radiology, Pathology and Pharmacy services across the NCA to create a cooperative group committed to delivering safe, consistent, and high-quality care.Main duties of the job
You will need to be team orientated and able to demonstrate teaching abilities as you will be working with trainee cross-sectional Radiographers. The clinical range of patient presentations is wide and we would expect the successful candidate to communicate effectively, with a patient centred approach.Our facilities are excellent and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. Royal Oldham Hospital has Toshiba CT scanners. Fairfield General Hospital has a Siemens Aera 1.5T, Royal Oldham Hospital has a Siemens Avanto 1.5T, and Rochdale Infirmary a GE Signa Explorer 1.5T.
Please note that this Band 6 post is a Northern Care Alliance position and although you will have a base site, there may be a requirement to work occasionally in CT/MRI on the other Trust sites of Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital and Rochdale Infirmary.You will be expected to work flexibly over 7 nights/days. Experience in MRI is desirable, although training will be provided for the right candidate.About us
The Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust (NCA) provides hospital and integrated health and social care services to over one million people living across Greater Manchester. Our 20,000 colleagues care for people in hospital and in the community, working across Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Salford, to save and improve lives.
As a large NHS trust we are committed to enhancing the health of our local population by delivering consistently high standards of care and working closely with local authorities and key partners. We believe in our power and potential to make a difference and we're always looking for people who demonstrate our three core values - care, appreciate and inspire - to join our team.
In return, we can offer you a job role with purpose and flexibility. The size and scale of the NCA means we can provide more challenge and opportunities so your career can always be moving in the right direction. By joining us you can also access a competitive benefits package, including, a fantastic annual leave allowance, flexible working opportunities and protected hours for health and wellbeing activities, helping you to achieve more personal downtime and a better work-life balance.
We are currently in process of updating our values. For the latest information around our values and behaviours, please visit our careers website www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc in Diagnostic Radiography or DCR (R)
- State Registration with the Health Professions Council
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Post Graduate qualification in MRI / CT
- Specialist professional knowledge-experience in CT.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the principles of CT/MR radiography
- Evidence of multidisciplinary team working
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Experience in the supervision of less experienced radiographers and students
- Ability to give effective feedback to and liaise with a wide range of individuals
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Some MR / CT experience
- Evidence of multi modality knowledge
- Understand recent developments in the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical manner
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive and motivational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to self motivate and work on own initiative
- Able to think logically and independently
- Demonstrates a positive approach to patient care
- Able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and continue to develop it
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and that of others
- Flexible approach to working practice
- Able to analyse complex information
- Accurate and pays attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems
- Able to teach
- Ability to operate VDU equipment in both image acquisition and data management
- To comprehend and work within the Trusts policies of data protection, equal opportunities, confidentiality and health and safety to meet the differing needs of patients
- Be able to operate manual handling aids including patient slide boards, sheets and trolleys
- Ability to position a full range of CT equipment and pump injectors
- Able to wear radiation protective clothing and monitoring devices
- To wear noise reduction equipment i.e. ear defenders
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Northern Care Alliance, The Royal Oldham Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.