We're looking for a full time Band 7 Research Nurse Manager to manage and support the delivery of the portfolio and contribute to the development of research within Oncology Research Team, based at Nightingale Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital.
If you are committed to providing high quality care to patients and helping them to make the right decisions about their treatment options, with the skills to guide and advise them throughout their research journey, and Line manage the clinical staff, this role could be for you.Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
You will take a proactive approach in managing a dedicated Oncology hub, leading the development of a growing and active study portfolio . You will be instrumental in implementing strategic objectives along with the existing R& I senior leadership and delivery teams.
You will be the main point of contact for study principal investigators, sponsors and patients and so effective communication and team working skills are essential. You will be involved in ensuring that research undertaken at MFT safeguards the well-being of patients and is undertaken within ICH Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
We will also ensure that you have tailored, individual personal development plans with support for further training. Opportunities for developing new research and clinical skills are available and actively encouraged as well as strategic leadership development.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation togetherJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse/ Midwife
- Master level Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Mentorship Training
- ICH- Good Clinical Practice Certificate
- Understanding of Clinical Research
- Knowledge of ICH- Good Clinical Practice regulations relating to clinical research
Training and ExperienceEssential
- Knowledge of clinical and research governance
- Knowledge of trust policies and procedures
- Knowledge of cancer care and management
- Post registration experience of working in a clinical environment as a clinical research nurse
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience of managing clinical trials
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Data management experience
- Audit experience
- Evidence of writing standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness and respect for confidentially
- Demonstrable IT skills including email and Microsoft office programs (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of patient information systems i.e. HIVE
- Ability to demonstrate people management
- Coordinates care pathway for patients and carers participating in clinical research
- Training and leadership skills
- Evidence of IT training
- Advanced use of spreadsheets
- Knowledge of information governance
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Ability to delegate and communicate effectively at all levels where appropriate
- Self-motivated and Innovative
- Tactful and diplomatic Ability to work to tight and / or unexpected deadlines
- Willingness to undertake training
- Willingness to travel across multiple sites as indicated
- Demonstrate ability to meet the Trust values
- Ability to represent the division at wider Trust meetings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively
- Awareness of research at MFT
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Research and Innovation, Wythenshawe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.