Are you an experienced, creative occupational therapy practitioner who wants to have the opportunity to influence the development of a new service? Are you someone who is looking for a different way of working? Do you have a passion for working with people with complex mental health needs?
Derbyshire Healthcare is transforming its Mental Health Rehabilitation offer and developing its Community Rehabilitation Services. We are looking for practitioners who want to be part of the new service where occupational and psychological approaches arecentral to successfully working with people who have complex mental health needs. You will have a passion for co-production and working collaboratively with the voluntary, community and social enterprises in Derby and Derbyshire.
We want people to join our team whose clinical ability is underpinned by values-based practice and structured with evidence-based interventions. These exciting and innovative roles are an opportunity to work with service users using meaningful activities and to help people build their skills and well-being in a person-centred, recovery focussed way.
You will work across the MDT and be involved with assessment, service development and providing clinical interventions specific to your professional speciality and past experience.Main duties of the job
To work across the adult rehabilitation services, offering senior occupational therapy focussed clinical leadership and having clinical responsibility across the service.
Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based programmes of care to the group of service users supported by the community rehabilitation service.
Use advance clinical skills and expert knowledge to assess mental health, social and occupational needs of the defined client group.
Work within a multidisciplinary team (MDT) structure that ensures effective care planning and treatment. This will include care coordination and carrying out treatment activity with other professionals and external agencies.
Being responsible for the planning, allocation and delegation of duties and care priorities to the MDT
Provide support, advice, education and information to services users and their relatives/ carers as needed. This will include involving service users and carers in the ongoing planning and delivery of care.
Work collaboratively across the MDT, reporting, and supporting the team caseload as required.
Develop and maintain effective partnerships with stakeholders, professionals, and agencies across the ICB footprint and beyond to ensure effective and safe care and discharge.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and our friendly and supportive team to become part of a compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference'.
Derbyshire Healthcare's CQC rating was 'good' overall with some outstanding services, and staff rated the Trust highly on health and wellbeing, morale, and immediate managers.
We have excellent opportunities to further develop specialist skills in rehabilitation and you will be part of the development and evaluation of this new and innovative service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the job description and person specification please see the attached documents..Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration: Occupational Therapist
- Evidence of relevant postgraduate registration training and development in particular motivational interviewing, brief solution focussed interventions, cognitive and behavioural approaches, and psychosocial interventions to enable the management of a caseload of service users with complex needs.
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to providing high quality service user centred care and patient education.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility dependent upon work priorities.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Ability to assess and run group work where professionally relevant
- Significant post registration/qualification experience of working with service users with complex mental health needs.
- Significant experience of undertaking comprehensive mental health assessments
- Experience of co-production
- Experience of communicating and supporting carers
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to make judgements based on evidence-based practice and translate this for use in the clinical team environment.
- To be able to demonstrate understanding of current developments in the NHS and their implications for leadership and quality care for clients/service users.
- Ability to operate a computer to use standard MS Office programmes and Electronic Patient Record Systems
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.