Do you have experience of supporting a busy and fast paced HR team and can evidence providing a positive experience to all stakeholders?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a driven and professional individual, with experience in Human Resources, to work as a Senior People Services Advisor.
Your key responsibilities will be to provide a comprehensive and high-quality HR administration service. You will work as part of team alongside other people services staff giving frontline advice and resolving queries on HR matters with a hint of enthusiasm and attention to detail!
In addition you will have excellent customer service and demonstrable ability to prioritise and communicate effectively whilst working to tight deadlines.
If you have bags of initiative, are helpful, and want to contribute to the efficient running of all designated HR elements on a continuous improvement journey, then we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
Reporting to the People Services Hub Manager, the Senior People Services Adviser is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the team working within the People Hub providing HR advice and guidance to managers and staff on the interpretation and application of national terms and conditions of service, and people policies, practices and procedures and any recruitment-related support not managed through the NCL shared service.. In doing so, recording and monitoring activity, and ensuring compliance with employment legislation. Supporting and working closely with Trust managers to advise and assist in the monitoring and managing of workforce performance against service delivery plans. Managing and assisting with the workforce portfolios of Trust divisions and services alongside People services colleagues. Working flexibly across the hub to support capacity and customer service needs through additional support and advice on recruitment and resourcing matters. This involves dealing with managers regarding all aspects of the recruitment process, as well as responding to staff and general enquiries as necessary.About us
The partnership betweenBarnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust (BEH)
andCamden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (C& I)
is going from strength to strength since it was originally established in 2021 forming theNorth London Mental Health Partnership. Why choose to join the Partnership?
- We believe that by working together, our two Trusts can achieve more for the residents of North Central London and our patients than we can by working apart.
- Deliver the best care using the most up-to-date practise in supporting those with mental health illnesses.
- Transforming and creating a positive environment for our service users, staff and visitors.
- Creating and working together to become a great place to work for all our staff.
- We offer flexible working, a wide range of health and wellbeing initiatives, NHS Pension and so much more.
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- NHS Discounts in a large variety of retail stores and services.
- We have excellent internal staff network support groups.
The postholder will need to be comfortable working in an environment of complex matrix management arrangements and will at all times behave and align with our Trusts' values and cultural pillars:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We are kind
- We are respectful
- We work together
- We keep things simple
- We empower
- We are proudly diverse
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification by clicking on the link attached.Person SpecificationQualifications/ RegistrationsEssential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- CIPD or equivalent experience
- Masters in a relevant subject
- High level courteous written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate appropriately to staff at all levels
- Problem solving skills
- High level organisational & administration skills - prioritising, meeting deadlines, setting standards
- HR/ER experience up to and including servicing Employment Tribunals
- Low level employee relations casework (e.g. attendance, performance, disciplinary)
- Considerable experience of working with Electronic Staff Systems-ESR/TRAC/ Health Roster
- Managing, developing and appraising staff
- Developing and facilitating training
- Performance management
- NHS ESR experience
- Understanding of the role of HR in an NHS Trust
- Broad awareness of employment legislative framework
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current developments in the NHS
- Knowledge/understanding of job design / evaluation
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
St Ann's Hospital
St Ann's Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.