Amberley Ward at the Department of Psychiatry, Eastbourne District General Hospital, East Sussex are looking for a committed, positive, compassionate and enthusiastic Band 5 RMN Staff Nurse to work as part of a dedicated team of professionals that provides the highest standards of care and support to people with acute mental health needs.
Amberley ward is an 18-bedded all-female Ward. Full or part-time, flexible working across a 24 hour period' This post offers the Trust's �4000 Golden Hello for band 5 or 7 Nurses.Main duties of the job
You will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team undertaking assessments of patients with complex mental health needs developing care and recovery plans in collaboration with the patients and their families/carers.
In conjunction with the team, you will assess and manage risks through assessment regularly reviewing and working in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary teams.
You will act as a Primary Nurse providing clinical and managerial leadership on the ward, whilst also supervising junior staff and traineesAbout us
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Sussex
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the iconic Beachy Head and Seven Sisters National Park
- Known as 'The Sunshine Coast', Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the more modern Sovereign Harbour Marina
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
If you are international nurse please email for more information to:
InternationalRecruitment@spft.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You must be able to deliver a high standard of inpatient nursing care using excellent communication and relationship skills supporting patients, family and carers whilst providing clinical leadership to the team and acting as a primary nurse for patients on the ward.
You will be expected to carry out detailed assessments and risk assessment of patients developing care plans in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team whilst monitoring, evaluating and modifying treatments to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of their treatment.
You will liaise and work alongside other teams and professionals to ensure the effective discharge of patients whilst adopting a flexible approach to hours of duty meeting the needs of the service over a 24-hour periodPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of MHA (1983/2007).
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act (2005), to include practical knowledge of FACE documentation, DOLS and Best Interest decisions
- Child and Adult safe guarding procedures.
- Change management, organising and prioritising workloads.
- Demonstrate ability to enhance care through evidence based knowledge
- Demonstrate professional development relevant to the care group
- Demonstrates ability to assess and manage clinical risk
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dept of Psychiatry, Eastbourne DGH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.