Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is a Top Employer Award Winner and works in partnership to provide responsive and dependable primary care, mental health, intellectual disability and substance misuse services to the diverse and culturally rich communities we serve.
In our quest to deliver patient-focused quality care we are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Bank Primary Care Pharmacy Technicians
to join our forward thinking, friendly and expanding Health & Justice
team across our Surrey Prisons.
By joining our Prisons Health Care Team, you will not only look after the healthcare needs of our patients residing in secure environments, but who also have the opportunity to have a real impact on promoting health and well-being.
Our motto is Caring NOT Judging
so by working in partnership with the criminal justice system and other agencies, we provide responsive, dependable and high-quality primary care and mental health services to those who may have offended and those at risk of offending in the communities we serve, to improve their health status and to encourage social inclusion. See what our staff have to say about working within our teams Dr Satinder Sahota - Medical Service Director Nigel Murray - AdministratorMain duties of the job
To provide a dispensing service, medicines management and an administration service for medicines to the prisoners residing in our care:
- Work as an active member of the Pharmaceutical team to assist in ensuring the delivery of a legal, safe, high quality specialist prison pharmaceutical service which reflects National and local policy and priorities, taking into account the high level of security that must be maintained at all times
- Assist in providing a timely and efficient pharmaceutical service
- Contribute to the development of and support implementation of medicine management strategy and associated services and projects across the Prisons
With competitive bank rates across the Trust and the addition of a specialist rate only for bank staff support Health & Justice and CAMHs services our teams of temporary workers are as important and valuable to us as our substantive staff.
Temporary Staff Bank Rates
All of our sites in Surrey offer free use of the onsite leisure facilities and free parking for staff.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the full job description and personal specification for the full list of responsibilities':
- Participate in the efficient day to day running of the dispensary
- To provide medicine management
- Assist in maintaining correct Controlled Drug records in accordance with the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in local/national guidance in order to maintain/deliver high quality services to the Prison.
- Under the supervision of a senior technician, to provide a timely and efficient stock topping up service to the wings with responsibility for ensuring stock levels are appropriately maintained in accordance with an agreed stock list
- Responsible for ensuring medicines are supplied and replenished to the emergency cupboards, giving medicine related advice, where necessary, to other healthcare professionals
- Check emergency bags and maintain records for audit.
- Once qualified for a suitable length of time to work towards completing the accredited checking technicians course undertaking periodic re-assessment (every 2 years) as appropriate
- BTEC or NVQ level 3 in pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent
- Registered with the GPhC
- Demonstrate initiative
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with clinicians, health care professionals and patients
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Ability to manage own workload and meet objectives and targets
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to perform in a challenging environment and cope with potentially aggressive behaviour
- Ability to respond in a calm manner in a crisis
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- The post holder must have the ability to understand and implement the equal opportunities policy at a level appropriate to the job.
- Ability to promote anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practices
- Knowledge of legislation and good practice in relation to medicines
- Knowledge of government publication 'A pharmacy service to prisoners'
- Experience of stock control
- Computer literate
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with using Pharmacy Manager/Systmone and/or JAC computer software
- Understanding the principles of clinical governance
- Pharmacy hospital experience
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.