This is an exciting time to join the Learning and Development Department. We have an amazing opportunity for you to join our team on a 12 month secondment/fixed term basis as Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning Manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and highly motivated Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning Manager to join our friendly and passionate team whose members continuously strive to improve our services.
The Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning Manager will support the Head of Learning and Development to operationalise the Trust's Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning strategy and prospectus implementation in order for our staff to be equipped with the right skills and knowledge to deliver safe and effective patient care.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be the main point of contact for apprenticeships and work based learning portfolios within South West London and St George's NHS Mental HealthTrust and will be responsible for the co-ordination and quality management, required to commission apprenticeship programmes with a view to meeting the educational requirements of the Trust, while maximising the use of the Apprenticeship Levy totaling approx. �1.5m per annum. They will assist the Head of Learning and Development with quality assurance and reporting of Apprenticeship activity. The post-holder will be supported by an Administrator who they will line manage.
The Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning Manager will lead on the operational objectives to embed a culture of work-based learning into the organisation, they will expand the tangible benefits of apprenticeships and staff education, development and training provision to develop and up-skill new and existing staff, building career pathways and work with HR to address skills shortages across the workforce.About us
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive.
Come and join our inclusive teams and help our patients on their recovery journey.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationEssential
- Responsible for the provision of all apprenticeship and widening participation educational programmes within SWLSTG Trust.
- Utilise the Apprenticeship Levy to Grow Our Own talent: Increasing Apprenticeship opportunities for existing staff members and the number of new apprentices that move into a substantive role within the Trust is increased, working with professional leads and HR colleagues to build career pathways.
- Develop and review plans to enable the Trust to meet its Apprenticeship KPIs.
- Lead and manage the commissioning processes for suppliers of external Apprenticeship education and training, to meet Trust training needs within resources available and maintain up-to-date spreadsheets and forecast budgets.
- Represent the Trust at national, ICS and local events on Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning business initiatives/projects.
- Own the annual marketing and communication strategy to increase awareness and raise the profile of Apprenticeships within the Trust and among external applicants.
- Collaborate with other Trusts as requested in future apprenticeship developments and provision.
- Support the implementation of the Trusts Apprenticeship Strategy, including potential accreditation for the provision of apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment to apprentices from within the Trust and other organisations.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders involved in the apprenticeship scheme, e.g., Apprentice Training Agency, Local Education Training Board (LETB), Local Authorities, regional NHS Trusts and partner education providers.
- Promote the benefits of apprenticeships to recruiting managers and provide advice to managers to enable them to identify potential apprenticeship vacancies across the Trust.
- Keep abreast of new developments, matching Standards to operational needs. and work with the L& D Manager to identify areas of existing education provision that could be funded through the apprenticeship levy and manage the process for transferring these into the apprenticeship framework.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of government Apprenticeship funding rules and act as a resource on these matters for the rest of the team and wider colleagues across the organisation.
- Keep up to date with changes in national trends and policies relating to apprenticeships and work-based learning, ensuring that action is taken, where necessary, to reflect and implement the changes at Trust level.
- Deputise for the Head of Learning and Development at meeting/events as required.
- Degree level education or equivalent acquired through experience/other
- Postgraduate degree or a willingness to complete postgraduate apprenticeship programme commensurate with role
- Evidence of professional development
- Project manager qualification
- Management qualification
- Human Resource Qualification
- Professional or clinical qualification in education or nursing
- Experience of apprenticeships as either an employer, manager, provider or apprentice
- Experience of project management
- Relevant experience in a training and education role or commissioning role
- Previous experience of supporting learners
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data and identifying areas for improvement
- Experience of training needs analysis
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of commissioning / designing learning to meet development
- Previous experience of supporting learners
- Previous experience of formal accreditation process
- Lived experience of mental health problems or caring for someone with mental health problems
- Advanced Keyboard Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel - to include Pivots, Formulas & Functions, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of learning and development approaches/methods
- Knowledge of NHS procurement procedures
- Knowledge of education and training qualifications.
- Ability to use data reporting and information systems and analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of data
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data, educational development and service change to other staff groups and meetings across the Trust
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of current apprenticeship landscape and ESFA funded learning
- Knowledge of recent developments and trends in training and development.
- Knowledge of quality improvement techniques
- An understanding of mental health care provision, together with an awareness and appreciation of current NHS policy and priorities in relation to mental health services
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Springfield University Hospital
15 Springfield Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.