GSTT are looking to expand our current Infrastructure Team and this could be the right place for you.
Get started within the Infrastructure team and have the opportunity to learn new skills or develop existing ones.
Be it Wintel/Azure/Backup or other parts of IT Infrastructure there is plenty on hand to experience and with a friendly and supportive team, maybe this is where you can make your mark.Main duties of the job
This role will help support the team and the wider trust dealing with new services and existing solutions.
As part of your day to day duties you will be focusing on working with our backup solution as well as being the primary point of contact for our two data centre sites, working with our 3rd parties when they require access to our data centres. Managing daily reports and dealing with BAU calls/tickets. There will also be work involving upcoming projects and the opportunity to develop skills within the Server/Infrastructure estate.About us
The Infrastructure team are very welcoming and always on hand to help out whatever tasks are required. As one of the linchpin teams within the hospital its important to understand the responsibility of our duties however also knowing that everyone in the team is there to support and having a positive working relationship with the wider IT department and services is key.
We work on a 8 to 6 rota and can be flexible to various situations
I look forward to seeing you applicationJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Below is direct from the official JD which is attached Job Summary
There are many common services for Infrastructure that require a dedicated focus from a very specialised and defined skill set. These services are now delivered from highly complex platforms that provide common capabilities and economies of scale.
This job will hold responsibility for assisting with the day to day administration of technologies within the Infrastructure Systems Team.
These responsibilities include establishing and maintaining an Incident, Change, and Problem Management Framework, performance/capacity planning and reporting, identified and reported through the Service Desk.
They will also operate and administer the server estate and back up routines. This role monitors the back-up routines, performs data recovery and administers the tape back up library.
In addition, they will work with any third parties or suppliers with secure access to our data centres and dealing with any escalations from the SD or other technical teams. Services provided by this team
- Access Management utilising Active Directory Authentication, incorporated with Active Directory Federated Services.
- Automation delivered by System Centre Configuration Manager, and System Centre Orchestrator/Desktop Central.
- Presentation provided by Citrix XenApp and Remote Desktop Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Infrastructure Systems Team
- IT service management team
- Managed service providers
- External suppliers
- Trust IT Use
- Operate the back-up and server platform service catalogue (to specification, within tolerances) using Commvault Suite and Back-Up Exec Suite of tools
- Support of the back-up and server platform
- Responsible for the daily safe transportation of the data tapes between sites
- Construction and maintenance of manual storage library to house hardware
- Provide rapid response to hardware/software failure incidents between sites
- Assist in change & service transition for the back-up and server platform service catalogue
- Maintenance of infrastructure back-up platform and hardware
- Provide a 3rd line resolution path for service requests including incidents
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant technical experience
- ITIL Foundation Qualification
- MCSA in Server 2012
- Experience as an IT Engineer/SD in a large organisation with proven experience in maintaining a broad Product Portfolio
- Proven technical abilities in the key areas of Infrastructure Systems as detailed above
- Experience in effectively supporting a large scale, complex IT& T environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of the ITIL Framework
- Exposure to Service Management Systems
- Able to prioritise workloads and resource them in response to changing demands and requirements
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skill
- Server hardware fundamentals
- Flexibility is essential as taking part in On Call out of hours rota
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Guy's and St Thomas' Education Centre
75-79 York Rd, South Bank
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.