Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT), HIT, Epsom
Mind Matters Surrey NHS are an innovative IAPT (Talking Therapy) service looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Qualified / Newly Qualified High Intensity, CBT Therapist where blended in person and remote working will help you to thrive in our team.
Your role will be delivering evidence-based interventions, one to one and in group settings, to adults (aged 17yrs+) who have a range of Anxiety and Depression related problems.
You'll be joining a strong, supportive team which is part of the Surrey and Borders NHS Partnership. We offer all the NHS benefits, including the agenda for change salary, NHS pension and the 5% outer London Fringe. We are a forward thinking and progressive service offering plenty of opportunities for further training and career development.
We'd like to hear from you if you are a CBT Therapist that can meet the requirements below:
Main duties of the job
- IAPT Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological therapies
- BABCP Provisional/Full Accreditation
- Recent evidence of working as a CBT Therapist within IAPT
- Good IT skills and excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with colleagues and other services.
- There is a requirement to work a minimum of 2 late nights ( Mon-Weds, 8pm) or one late night and a Saturday per week. The face-to-face clinic will be in Epsom
- Assess clients for suitability for psychological interventions
- Formulate, implement and evaluate therapy programmes for clients.
- Treatment as necessary, conveying CBT and other psychological formulations with sensitivity in easily understood language.
- Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of client contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment, where appropriate.
- Complete all requirements relating to data collection within the service.
- Keep coherent records of all clinical activity in line with service protocols
- Work closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
- Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process
- Carry out clinical audits of service performance, including service user surveys and evaluations, and help to collate and disseminate the results for feedback.
- Liaise with other health and social care staff from a range of agencies in the care provided clients.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- IAPT post graduate Diploma in Psychological Therapies
- BABCP provisional or full accreditation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working within an IAPT service at High Intensity level
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
28 Upper High Street Epsom
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.