Are you looking for Flexible working across Cambridgeshire?
We are looking to recruit Bank Nurses who are highly motivated & clinically skilled first level registered nurses in either Physical or Mental Health.
Mental Health Nurses will need to have with an interest in all elements of Inpatient and Community Mental Health care delivery. Physical Health Nurses with an interest in recovery rehabilitation, palliative care, or Older Adults to our Inpatient units for Physical Health.
As a valued member of our nursing team, the successful candidates will be required to support shifts on an internal rotation basis, this will involve both day & night shifts, according to your own availability.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work & wish to be part of a number of teams striving to make a difference for our community by supporting people with their physical well-being then we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for identified service users, acting as nurse for service users with complex and challenging needs.
As a key member of the team, you will provide a high standard or individualised, holistic, and evidence-based patient focused nursing using the nursing process. Registered Nurses also act as a vital link between patients, carers, relatives, and therapists to ensure there is a consistent focus on patient outcomes.
We will provide the necessary support to ensure your development within your role. We are keen to support and develop our staff through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the TrustAbout usFrom 1 April 2022 all job roles that involve patient contact will require the post holder to have completed a full course of authorised COVID-19 vaccine doses, unless they have a medical exemption.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient & primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples physical & mental health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see job description and person specification for full list of responsibilities
- In partnership with the multidisciplinary team, use evidence based best practice and appropriate clinical knowledge/expertise to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing interventions to meet patients needs.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, patient focused care and treatment which promotes the Essence of Care and Standards for Better Health principles.
- Ensure Expected Date of Discharge (EDD) is set through negotiation between patient, carer, team, and internal/external agencies to achieve a safe and effective discharge which closely meets the patients needs.
- Participate in quality initiatives such as Productive Ward Project, Essence of Care Benchmarking.
- The post holder must adhere to the Trust risk assessment and risk management processes.
- The post holder must adhere to infection control policies and procedures.
- As a reflective practitioner, actively promote reflective practice within the team questioning clinical practice, taking appropriate action where gaps in knowledge or experience may compromise the health and safety of others.
- Take a role as a link nurse.
- It is a condition of your employment that you are currently registered with the NMC and it is your responsibility to maintain your professional registration.
- Provide patients and their families /carers with information on standards they should expect from the team.
- The post holder is required to participate in relevant emergency preparedness process for their team
- oRN, Diploma of Education (Adult Nursing) or similar
- Working with patients with physical or mental health issues
- Coordinating a team of care staff
- demonstrates professional curiosity
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- working within a rehab setting
- working with older people
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Range of clinical skills
- Understanding of MDT
- Knowledge of elderly care and principle of rehabilitation
- Excellent communication skills
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.