This post is for internal candidates to South Tees Trust. If you are not currently working within the trust your application will not be reviewed and automatically rejected at shortlisting stage. Please be aware of this when submitting your application.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Safeguarding team for a Safeguarding Educator.
To design, evaluate and regularly review safeguarding training packages to ensure contemporaneous safeguarding information is included within Trust training packages the learning meets the requirements of the Intercollegiate Documents for Health in respect of Safeguarding Children and Adults learning (2018 & 2019)Main duties of the job
To arrange, prepare and deliver safeguarding training across the organisation footprint
Deliver training within multi-agency settings where required.
To monitor and analyse compliance date in respect of Safeguarding and Prevent training and formulate action plans to address areas of low complianceAbout usLeadership and Improvement Training
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust offers leadership and improvement training to all new staff to the Trust this training programme has been designed to support our leaders in developing their understanding of leadership and management skills. You will be expected to attend the leadership development programme, and the Quality Improvement Programme that the Trust delivers. This programme aims to
Explore leadership within the NHS
Promote Trust Values and Behaviours
Develop your Leadership effectiveness and skills
Practitioner level in quality improvement, equipping you with the skills to champion, lead and complete quality improvement within your role
After you complete this four and a half days of training you will be able to explore further leadership and improvement training opportunities, we offer further in-house courses dependent upon your role and bitesize programmes and leadership apprenticeships at level 3,5 and 7.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDetails of the full job description and person specification are available to view when you click to apply for the vacancy and click on the about this job link and the documents will be attached at the bottom of the screen.Person SpecificationKnowledge & SkillsEssential
- Understanding of training needs analysis processes and training planning at departmental and organisational level
- Robust knowledge in the area of safeguarding policy, guidance and legislation.
- Effective teaching, facilitation, assessment and feedback skills
- Maintain and develop knowledge and skills in the areas of safeguarding children and adult practice, national and local policy guidance and procedures in relation to safeguarding.
- Ability to write high quality, analytical reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good ICT skills and ability to use Microsoft packages including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Awareness of latest initiatives in NHS strategy in learning and development and more specifically, an understanding of national and local influences relating to safeguarding
- Awareness of current legislation as it relates to key areas of Trust policy and mandatory training
- Experience of quality assurance, audit and policy development
- Evidence of multi-agency working
- Training/Teaching Experience
- Qualified to degree level
- Evidence of continuous personal, professional and academic development
- Registration with professional bodies if required by professional qualification.
- Qualified to First Degree in Training and Development, Education or associated subject
- Attendance at the leadership and development and improvement programme (4.5 days)
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Previous experience in a training or teaching role
- Significant experience of delivering face to face training for multi-disciplinary teams and diverse staff groups, at a range of levels including senior staff
- Experience of developing and evaluating a range of comprehensive training packages for example, leadership and coaching programmes / workshops
- Ability to deliver training across a range of mediums including virtual platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Multi-disciplinary teaching
- Evidence of involvement in multi-agency safeguarding work
- Previous experience of working within the NHS, or similar large, complex organisation.
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals (children, young people and / or adults
- Experience and knowledge in the application of Trust Personnel Policies and Corporate Governance arrangements.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring.
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The James Cook University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.