The Estates Hard FM Team is responsible for the day to day maintenance, repairs, PPM and operational testing for a wide range of building services and equipment located in the Trust.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and flexible estates senior mechanical craftsperson to lead our mechanical estates team operationally and technically at the Mile End Hospital site. The aim being to provide high quality maintenance services throughout the Trust and its associated properties and sites.
You will be a positive team member with a 'can do' attitude accompanied with a recognised understanding of the latest HTM's (Heath Technical Memorandums), conversant with up to date standards & SFG20 Maintenance Specifications as they affect the management of Building Services throughout a frequently complex Health Care environment.
Essentially be able to demonstrate a clear understanding in the delivery of statutory compliance as they affect NHS building premises. Areas of compliance would typically be associated with all relevant mechanical HTM and HBN's. The position is to provide mechanical technical leadership to enable (Authorised Person) AP recommended appointment by the Trust Authorised Engineers (AE).
Ideally you will have proven specialist skills in internal and external mechanical delivered services in the Health Care environment. Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible as the senior and lead mechanical craftsperson within the in-house mechanical maintenance team including a wide range of fault-finding and maintenance duties. He/she will be responsible for maintaining all Building Fabric, Mechanical and Electrical building services, and equipment within the Trust properties. To liaise and or coordinate directly with mechanical contractors in the day to day running of the Estates service delivery within the Mile End Hospital and or Royal London Hospital Retained Estates within Barts Health Estates & Facilities Services.
Under direction of the Estates Supervisor and or Estates Manager ensure all buildings, plant and equipment are mechanically serviced and maintained throughout Mile End Hospital and or Royal London Hospital Retained Estate in accordance with Statutory & Mandatory requirements in a timely manner.
Including Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive Maintenance (RM), minor works, major overhauls, and replacement. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Craftsperson will be required to be a self-starter who is able to work on his/her own initiative.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualifications/KnowledgeEssential
- Good Literacy & numeracy skills
- To have served a recognised apprenticeship in an mechanical engineering discipline or have equivalent experience.
- Qualified with Mechanical ONC and or HNC level of education and or equivalent qualification.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety principles within mechanical engineering and building systems. Knowledge of mechanical maintenance to meet relevant HTM 06.01 and HTM 06.02 standards.
- In depth experience of healthcare mechanical building services and to lead on the maintenance of the mechanical team.
- Detailed working knowledge of preventative and reactive mechanical maintenance and associated HTM.
- Experience of allocating planned and reactive work to the in-house mechanical team and contractors.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of information systems for the management of maintenance activity (Concept CAFM System).
- Experience of successfully leading an mechanical team and contractors to meet agreed outcomes
- Understanding Standing Financial Instructions in relation to procurement and commissioning of external contracting services.
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Mile End Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.