We are offering a once in a generation opportunity to be part of the team behind a new Frimley Park Hospital. We are looking for a motivated leader who is eager to contribute and encourage fresh ideas and going above and beyond expectations.
You will create and implement robust communications and engagement plans, facilitating staff and public communications, engagement and involvement events.
You will ensure excellent stakeholder engagement and responsive adaptations to the communications and engagement plans based on trend analysis of CRM data.
You are an innovative thinker, committed to creative solutions and campaigns. And you are a team player, who is also able to manage your own workload.
Frimley Health is a Trust committed to providing the best possible care and experience for patients, while also being a truly great place to work.
If you think you've got what it takes to get our colleagues, members and the wider public involved in our exciting capital and estates programmes, apply to join our fantastic team.Main duties of the job
The communications and engagement manager is responsible for delivering a communications strategy with support and direction from the head of engagement.
This is a new and exciting role to support the delivery of a major estates programmes, including the delivery of a new Frimley Park Hospital, with work happening at pace.
The post holder will work alongside colleagues at all levels of seniority, internally and externally, developing and implementing communications and engagement that deliver robust public engagement and involvement.
They will plan and prepare stakeholder briefings and communications on behalf of the organisation and support the essential sharing of information with key stakeholders including NHS England.
The role will include close liaison with estates and facilities as well as the New Hospital Project team.About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work with the wider communications and engagement team, as well as the capital and estates programme team to develop and implement integrated communications strategies to support the New Hospital Project (NHP) and wider capital and estates (C& E) objectives aligned to the Trusts wider strategy.
- Develop close working relationships with programme leads and develop a responsive approach to requests for communications support, focusing particularly on communications and engagement, managing changes at short notice.
- Develop and maintain a dedicated microsite to provide a one-stop-shop for all information and latest updates.
- Support teams to respond to complaints, concerns or feedback by developing and maintaining a Trust narrative on the NHP work, ensuring openness and transparency in its messaging.
- Create key messages for the media and a standardised approach to managing social media/website content relating to the NHP and other C& E work programmes.
- Support programme leads to create key messages, communications tools (eg FAQs, briefings) and more to support workstream leads to effectively communicate with their teams.
- Support the C& E programme team to develop comms resources to support wider briefings and reports to an array of key stakeholders.
- Coordinate visits from senior officials and produce content for MP and Ministerial briefings as required.
- Establish KPIs and methods for monitoring the effectiveness of communications activities, using the results to inform future strategies, contributing to the existing reporting mechanisms.
- Working as part of the wider team to ensure that good governance, financial management and risk are understood and adhered to, including effective management of communications project budgets.
- Educated to master's level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in communications
- Expert knowledge of relationship management
- Project management qualification
- Public affairs knowledge
- Experience of managing communications for transformation projects
- Experience of identifying key strategic stakeholders and tailoring messages to those groups
- Considerable experience of developing and implementing communications plans including budget management and evaluation.
- Expert editorial judgement to ensure high quality, well articulated and compelling content, demonstrating a high degree of accuracy
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working with external networks
- Highly skilled in understanding, handling and communicating highly complex information and the ability to translate this into user friendly language to suit various audiences.
- Previous experience working with Content Management Systems for intranet and websites.
- Knowledge of NHS terminology / procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly motivated and the ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Adaptive and able to make judgements independently and to respond to the unexpected, whilst prioritising accordingly. Personally resilient and able to respond positively to ambiguity and change.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Portsmouth Rd, Frimley, Camberley GU16 7UJ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.